Saturday, October 25, 2008

Don't Eat Dad's Breakfast!


I want to report a crime. I have a suspect and an accomplice. Oh yes, I can name names.
In my efforts to become, as Dr. Laura puts it, "my husband's girlfriend", I bought a whole box of Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches this week for my dh, Kent,b/c he drives through icy mornings to Denver. And, truth be told, I am not ready to meet my day at 5am, so this is my way of "supporting" him. Kinda lame admitting that, I know.
ANYWAY, when I bought them earlier this week, I expressly cautioned Joseph about not asking Daddy to share them, as I do get up with the kids and make them whatever they want for breakfast and I KNEW Joseph would go to Kent and ask him to share-- and Kent being the awesomest Dad on the Planet, (and a "sucka-dad" to Joseph) would give in to such a request---so I threatened his life if he even ASKED for one!
So this morning, as Kent was kissing my sleeping cheek "good-bye" like he always does...he whispers, "Is it okay if Joseph has one of my breakfast croissants?" Even in my dead-head sleepy mind I was not happy about it....but I was too tired to say more than, " Idoncare."
So a little hand brushes my cheek around 6:30am and says, "Mommmmmmmm....did Daddy ask you a question?" "Yes", I say. "Uh, Mommmmm...what was your answer?"
I said, "Idoncare." He let out a shriek of delight and bounded down the hall to share the good news with Arianna, who also shrieked.
Now, how am I supposed to be "my husband's girlfriend" when I am clearly undermined by tricky 9 year olds? Anyone?? A crime has been committed. Joseph manipulated his father's will by unknown means and stole his Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwiches right out from under his nose. I want to press charges.

1 comment:

Have a Thought? Share It!