Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs




This is where I spent my day today with my 8th grader's class on a Field trip. Having lived in the Springs for several years, I was somewhat embarrassed that this was my first trip down there. I have to say, it was totally worth my time. Definitely a "feel good" experience. Our tour guide "Nicki" is a Jr. Olympian and very knowledgable--she fielded alot of questions from our group and was great. We even got to watch the Women's Wrestling team practice--which I have to say was pretty intense.
The best question during the tour was when Nicki asked the group what they wanted to see most--"MICHAEL PHELPS!" yelled a girl in the crowd! That was funny. It became a recurrent theme throughout the tour...when we went to the gym and especially at the now-emptied Swimming Pool. One girl got all giddy just thinking that Michael Phelps had actually been in that pool! It was cute.
So if you haven't been there, I would recommend it. In fact, if you come to visit me, plan on it.
We're going. Oh and the "Spirit Shop" as they call it is a neat souvenir shop too.


2 comments:

  1. Its been awhile since I looked at your blog and it looks like you have been very busy! How exciting for Dani! Winter weddings are just as good as spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice...that you could pose with your family for those bronze statues. You make great models!

    Those students were oblivious! They didn't even notice it was you.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!