Friday, November 14, 2008

The Bad News is...

We got the dress. It's not the same dress we wanted. And it's too small. And there's purple blotches on the front--tailors' ink maybe? And it's not temple ready--it's too low in the back.
{SIGH} I feel let down, sad, stumped. It is a knock-off of the original. It IS a pretty gown, but it won't work for us. Wahhhhh.
We'll list it on Craiglist to recoup the mula on it hopefully.
You know that saying, "if it seems too good to be true it is" yeah, it is.
So I got on the horn and called Eternity Gowns in Utah. They're aware there are knock-offs around but didn't know about this manufacturer using their catalog pics to sell their own gowns.
The gal I spoke to said they have the gown we want in the size we want--only in Silk--and it's on clearance for $500.00 With shipping it'll be $547.00. I did call the local dealer/dress shop here, and they have the actual gown Dani tried on, but it's a couple sizes too big, but it's also on Clearance for $500.00 +tax and we'll have to alter it which can go up to $150.00...making it more expensive to buy it locally. (are you following me? isn't this ridiculous?!)
Poor Dani. She left for work in a funk. I don't blame her, I feel the same way.
So we're gonna go look at more dresses tomorrow. We have 5 weeks left. And this. bites.

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate should cure this for sure.

    Dress shopping....again, should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man.

    I don't even know your family but I'm feeling an ungodly anger to those e-bay sellers.... :-/

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!