Thursday, November 13, 2008

Taking Courage and Adding Addictions...

So I saw this on someone else's blog and I'm thinkin of makin' it all cute-sy on a wall hanging, or vinyl lettering, or maybe just a big fat tattoo on my forehead. Here goes:

The Scripture says
"And it came to Pass..."
Not
"And it came to Stay."
Reminding me that all trials will pass and life is still an exciting journey. Thank you wonderful anonymous blogger on someone else's blog. You wrote that for me.
My Bff, Nannette (what? you don't watch Hannah Montana? BFF= Best Friend Forever)...anywho, she treated me to a Fantabulous birthday surprise this morning!
I got a Tibetan Foot Soak and Massage. What is that like? Only heavenly. Perfect.
You sit in this awesome comfy chair with your tootsies in a lined basket filled with 26 herbs and spices (wait, That's KFC!), 18 herbs and warm water...like a tea party for your feet! And you listen to music that makes you forget about laundry, carpools and bills. Then, the really great part begins...a wonderful Chinese woman rubs your feet like a baker kneads dough, with wonderful oils/lotions/potions STUFF that induces your brain into a quiet tranquility of serenity....ahhhhhhhhh.
All I can say is that my only critique from the experience was that afterwards, they insisted I put my shoes back on and walk to the car myself. They have no curbside carryout for patrons. Despite their oversight in that matter, it was Wonderful with a capital "W"...cuz it deserves it! I lay there thinking about all the people in my life that could seriously use a Tibetan Foot Soak and Massage...hubby, sons and daughters, friends (Lorna! Wendy! Laurel! Dodee!)...
and I have decided that this will be my new addiction! I'm blaming it on Nannette, of course. She said I could. She also said next time we go, she'll pull the car up to the curb for me. Now, I need a nap.

2 comments:

  1. I should probably tell you when my birthday is.

    And, how come no one told me when yours was! That is a crime!

    Oh well, happy birthday anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha, "curbside carryout"!

    Happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!