Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday!



I came I saw I conquered!

First off I have to give my ode to good ol Chapel Hills Mall...the po-dunkiest mall in Colorado Springs. I love it. I love that it has the stores I like and I can get thru the entire mall without feeling overwhelmed or losing my car!! And I always see someone I know--which, after being away for 3 years has come to mean alot to me.

I am not an early morning shopper however. I used to do that kind of maniacal shopping years ago before we changed the way we celebrate Christmas ( See post of The 4 Gifts of Christmas)...when I shop, I shop with a specific purpose. I have saved alot of money on impulse buys by doing it this way.

Having said all that, I did find some good deals: JCPenney is always an interesting one. I worked there for 4 years, so I know how they market...those early-bird specials are pretty cheap items that JCPenney gets specifically FOR Black Friday--brands they don't normally even carry. But there were some good deals like their Stafford Brand of Men's loungewear/pj's...$7.88. Great quality and better than the Old navy deal...which had pj's on sale for $10.00 for everyone BUT Mens ($19.50 for low quality pjs). The thing about JCPenney's is that most of their prices were the same on Wednesday as they were on Friday. And in this economy, I don't see prices changing much through the end of the year. JCP sales and stocks are down significantly, so they're just trying to hold on thru the recession.

Better than the Mall was Castle Rock's Outlet Stores...where I found a top for the wedding/reception here locally for $60.00 but at the outlet store it was 50% off!
Yea! And I have to give a shout out to the Outlets-- I love them! Eddie Bauer, Timberland, Columbia...all favorites! And they had deals galore!

The best thing about Black Friday was that I got to spend the entire day with Kent. We haven't had a day together in Months and Months. It even started snowing while we were at the Outlets, and for us, that's just great fun...walking thru the outlets all decked out in lights and holiday music in the snow. Feels like Colorado to us!

It turned out not to be a Black Friday so much as a White Friday...with all the snow, it's beginning to look alot like Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Thought? Share It!