Monday, December 8, 2008

The Catharsis of a Gym to a Reception Hall

So this past Saturday, and I do mean the ENTIRE day, was spent setting up and serving for a Wedding Reception for some friends we know from Church. Of course, I wasn't alone! That's Kelly, my staging business partner, and the backside of Dani helping too. Plus about 4 or 5 other gals from the ward.
We transformed a gym or "cultural hall" in to a beauitful ( I think) reception hall. I thought, that when I got the call at 9am on Saturday morning, I might be there for an hour, well, that's what I told Mr. Wonderful, I kinda knew it would be longer, based on past experience working with Creative LDS Women, we are sincere over-acheivers, so we create as we go and that takes awhile!!
Nope, it was 10:30am when I got there--had to feed the missionaries breakfast first--and aside from a 3 hour exemption ( I did have an errand I had to run for our own wedding in 10 days and needed to come home and have dinner and change for the actual reception)--I left the Chapel at 11pm that night.



This was the entrance guest sign-in table. Yep, I forgot to sign it. lol Oh well, Peggy knows I was there. Why does that last sentence sound like I'm a Beverly Hillbilly? "knows I was" "knew I was" "knowd I wuz der"...hmm. Daggumit.



There were tons of pics of this sweet couple. The one I didn't get, but wish I had: the bride was barefoot under her wedding gown. THAT was cute.




1 comment:

Have a Thought? Share It!