Friday, December 5, 2008

Soaking "Good-ness" In

This morning I am in a place where I am keenly aware of the "goodness" in my life.
I have met some amazing people recently...you know those kind of people that, when you meet them, you think "I wanna get to know her/him better!" --kinda people. Yeah, them.
Just genuinely GOOD people that make you feel better about yourself, about your life, about the bright blue skies after a stormstorm and make you take notice of the true blessings that are yours alone, and the blessings that are your childrens and your friends.

I met one of those just this week--Dani's seamstress for the wedding gown. We've spent a little time with her at fittings and she has shared her "story" with us as she rips seams, pins hems, sews seams and smiles all the while she does it.



Dianne just freely shares her life, for good or bad and with a wonderful hindsight, gives God the credit for all that she has done, and is, and wants to be.
I met another gal at the Bank, Judy. She emanates warmth.
Her heart is open and receiving. Going to the Bank used to be a non-event...just an "errand" for whatever. I used to work for Bank One years ago, so maybe it's just my attitude, but I just generally get in there and get out asap! But sweet Southern Belle, Judy changed that. I get out of the car, and I hope I see her. She's not even a teller. Her goodness resonates and I leave my bank feeling happier than when I went in. How crazy is that? I know, right?!
So I googled "images of goodness"---all kinds of images popped up...including those on this post. There were religious figures, books, food, destination places, even Minnie Mouse. But neither Dianne nor Judy nor Nannette's faces were on there. In fact, none of the people, my GOOD friends' faces were to be seen....Laurel, Lorna, Wendy, Joey, Lori, Dodee, Karen--noone I know to be so good were pictured. So I will take that as a sign that the good people and the good-ness that is in my Life are there for me, alone. Their goodness reminds me of St. Matthew 5:16: "Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."



Maybe this is the Season to Become Better...I have so many awesome examples to learn from--it'd be a shame to not follow and pay it forward.
Are there people in your Path that brighten it for you? I'd love to hear about them.

1 comment:

  1. Man, I am really really suprised my photo didn't come up.

    Can't wait for lunch tomorrow...you are good.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!