Monday, December 15, 2008

Jack Frost is nippin', NO make that CHOMPIN'!

Jack Frost is camping out in the Rocky Mountains!
It was -25o here this morning! It's like -9 right now in the Springs...and I am lovin' it! Thank goodness for central heat--otherwise it'd be awful. But I am toasty warm inside as we get things together for the final days before the Wedding.
The weekend was busier than usual. Friday night was our Wards' Christmas Party. I baked a turkey that they didn't need and got to bring it right back home--so I didn't have to cook dinner all weekend! Then the Missionaries came over Saturday morning for breakfast. Dani made crepes and that was yummy. One of our new elders' is from Quebec, Canada. My eldest son served in his area of Laval when he was there 2 years ago--so that was a treat to have him in our home --paying it forward! I love the Elders...so do my kids. They are genuinely good young men.
Then, Dani had her final dress fitting Saturday...it is so pretty.
We'll pick up the dress today. Then Saturday night, I went with Mr. Wonderful to his work Christmas party in Denver. It was really nice to get dressed up and spend an evening with him, eat food I did not have to cook or clean up after! And it was Yummy! Then the Company had random drawings for special gifts like cameras, tv's, ipods, and gps's. There were over 600 people there and only 10 giveaways. Mr. Wonderful and I are not "lucky" in things like giveaways, generally. But get this! When I saw the gift table with the GPS on it, I said, "I need that, I'm always lost!" (Just ask my kids or Nannette-- I always seem to take the "scenic route" when I drive--no kidding!) So we sat at the table, had dinner, watched a ridiculous employee "talent show" (my 7 year old is more entertaining, really)...then came the Drawings...the CEO read the names off of a "previously name drawn list", then that person would come and pick a number out of a hat...the number corresponding with a gift.
I was pretty surprised when they called out Mr. Wonderful's name. Then the number he picked was for a TomTom GPS!!! YEA!!! Now I will never be lost again. At least not on the road!
How cool is that?! So that was my Saturday.
Yesterday we had interveiws with the Stake for Temple Recs. I met with our former Bishop who is now a Counsellor. I love that he is familiar with me and my family. Of course, he was aware that I am a big bawl-baby when we talk of sacred things...he had the tissue out and ready for me. I can't help it and I'm too old to care if I shed a few tears in public. {Shrug} That's just who I am.
Then yesterday afternoon, I drove up to Loveland, Colorado to see Dean perform with the Special Community Orchestra. He played the violin. And it was the most awful sounding beautiful experience! He has ALWAYS wanted to play the violin--how grateful I am that someone finally let him! He even had a solo that was terrible and perfect all at once. The smile on his face brought tears to my eyes. (I make no apologies for tears, I told you). I loved it.
It was a 2 hour drive for a 20 minute performance, and I would do it again. The other performers were delightful, gracious & their smiles said it all. We are blessed by their goodness.

So after that, Dani & I took Mr. Idaho around to some friends' homes we know from when we lived in Fort Collins 2005-2006. Only a year, but we sure made some great friends there--they fed us dinner and sent us on our way. (Love to you Ray & Barb and Linda! We'll see you at the reception!)
So while Jack Frost is "nippin' on your nose" make sure you enjoy these days leading up to Christmas! It'll be over before we know it!
If I don't blog the next few days, just know I am busy with the wedding. We leave Wednesday morning for Utah and return on Friday. Can't wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, Dawn Dawn, you won the Tom Tom. I guess that means you will be able to find your way to my place.

    I hope all goes well for your travel and wedding and receptions!

    I won't be looking for your cubscout on Weds...right?

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!