Friday, December 12, 2008

Last Friday before the Wedding!


Ack! The time has flown by...the wedding is Less than a Week! Can you believe it? I have resigned myself to the fact that I will FO SHO forget something...I will either leave that "something" at home, or forget to do that "something" before we leave...either way, there will be a moment of "Dang it! I forgot!" And you know what? I hope it's something that I can go "meh--no big deal" about, and not panic or let it get me down.
Lists--I've made to-do lists, to-pack lists, to-take-with lists...'cept right now, I don't see those lists. Hmmmm.
Well, we had another dress-fitting last night. And for the record, those are not fun--not for Dani and not for me. The beautiful bride stands there, with huge floor-to-ceiling mirrors all around here, scrutinizing every seem, every puff of fabric, every line of the dress on her body. It's about as awful as trying on swimsuits! But the seamstress, Dianne, is amazing. Last night she measured some tulle for the viel she is custom-making for Dani...once she placed the veil on--my throat clamped up, tears welled, and yes, I was a mess. My girl is getting married.
That veil was magical. Sure the dress is gorgeous...but until the veil went on, it was just a "dress"...the veil made it a "wedding dress"...the whole mood lifted. Dani smiled. Awww. that's what we were hoping for...a smile from the Bride.
Okay, so I have to go find some lists, and a hairbrush!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Thought? Share It!