Friday, January 23, 2009

Book Club Invite!

So I got this book, I read it. I loved it. LOVE it! So much, I am reading it again. But this time, I'd really like company while I read it, so I am inviting YOU, anybody, Special Person to read this with me.
I thought we'd go Chapter by Chapter together and discuss it, real friendly-like (My only Mayberry RFD reference) and see if I can get this message to stick to my brain cells when it seems most everything else is slipping out.
The Author, Wendy Ulrich, is on the Speaking tour of TIME OUT FOR WOMEN...she is that AWESOME. She was also my son's Mission President's Wife...the Mission Mom. I love her book so much because it changes me when I read it. Did ya hear? It changes me. That's big.
SO go get it and let me know if you're gonna get it. Because for the next week or so, that's what I am blogging about.
C'mon...You know you want to!

9 comments:

  1. Me! Me! Me! I'll try to go get it today (Sat) but between supervising the honey-do jobs and the whole family coming over this afternoon-I may not make it..
    P.S. Do you live in Boise now? Our next door neighbor just left this week for the Boise Idaho mission-in three weeks he'll be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn: Nope, we lived there from 7/06 to 7/08. We call that time, our Idaho Boise Mission experience. We learned alot, lived thru alot, and were very much loved by people there.
    Say, you're in AZ, right?
    AND I'm so excited that you'll read this with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have wanted to do a book club forever! I love the idea. And I will go get the book on Monday. Right now is a hard time for me though because I am in the middle of teaching the atonement and am studying in depth all of that--but I will do my best to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn & Joy! Woohoo! Okay let me know when you get the book and we'll get going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count me in! Hey just wonderin, can I get the book at Deseret Book or Seagull Book? I will check it out today (Monday). Thanks for the gentle nudge to get a new read. I LOVE to read and to DISCUSS what I have read. Now that is my idea of a good time (especially if refreshments are at hand).
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roxanne: I got mine @ DB...but you can get it online too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roxanne: Meet Marilyn and Joy
    Joy: Meet Marilyn and Roxanne
    Marilyn: Meet Joy & Roxanne

    *Say, don't some of you already know some of you? And I think you're all in AZ. right?
    I may be the odd man out here! lol

    Just let me know when ya'll get the book and we'll get going! *I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ladies! (i'm sure lovin' this AZ weather!) P.S. I got the book and I read the intro-Is that cheating???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marilyn: it is not cheating! Will u be wearing your new hat while you read? It's way cute.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!