Friday, January 23, 2009

Take THAT Pioneer Woman!

So I visit "Pioneer Womans" blog...and her post today is about how her husband hired a Sushi Chef to come to their house and make sushi for her and all her Oklahoma friends. Nice, I thought. How sweet.
THEN! I remembered our OWN Sushi and Fondue Night last year in Boise.

Of course, we had the missionaries over. E. Knowles (from CA) and E. Zant (from TX)...ready to eat! I think David Scott & Tisha & Diana made about 10 platters full of Sushi. And no, I don't make it. I don't even want to learn how to make it--cuz once I do...well, you know what happens after that. Shhhhhhh.


It was all so yummy. I feel a Sushi night comin' on this weekend. Hmmm better go find my chopstix.
Then I got to thinking, IF I could choose to have a chef come over and do anything, what would it be? Well the practical side of me wins on this one: I'd have someone make enough freezer meals to fill both of my fridges to capacity so I would get a break from cooking.
Last night, I was SO not into cooking dinner, that I made french toast for the kids and gave Mr Wonderful leftovers. Yeah, I felt guilty. But then again, no one complained. The kids ate every bite with a smile. No yucky vegetables, spicy stuff or weird sauce on their plates to deal with...so maybe I will forgive myself today.
Pioneer Woman has quite the life. The only non-family member that brings food to us is the Pizza Guy.

3 comments:

  1. I love breakfast for dinner but my Mr Darcy doesn't think that it is a proper meal unless he sees meat in some form and some type of side dish. Alas, what's a women to do.
    If I had a chef come to my house I would totally do the same thing, fill the fridge and the freezer. I can't complain too loudly though, it is just Mr Darcy and myself at this time in our lives and so cooking can be rather hit and miss. We eat leftovers a lot, I love it. I do love the pics, that is a mountain of sushi. Jenny would love it at your house.
    Roxanne

    PS keep the recipes coming I have tried a couple of things and they are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY MOLY!!! That is Sushi heaven!!! I love the stuff, my mom however has no taste when it comes to this glorious stuff! My husband is half japanesse and is THE best sushi maker! So I can totally relate to having a great chef in my home! I also love fondue! YUMMMM

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!