Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wordful Wednesday TOPIC: "Wishes"

I have recently begun following the blog: "Chocolate on my Cranium" . She invited others to participate in Word-Prompted blog posts. Topic today is "Wishes". I thought I'd give it a try.

"Wishes"
Most of my wishes
have never come true.
I've tried sittin' & wishin',
they just never do.

But LOTS of my Dreams
have found a way
to come into my life
and worked and stayed.

I dreamt of a family
of my very own
Lovely and kind
and sweet in my home.

I dreamt of a husband
who calls me "sweetheart"
who brings me a smile
and remembers his part.

I dreamt of the woman
I wanted to be
Then I got down to work
and molded that "me".

My wishes are all
too small for my heart
I am what I am
from the Dreams that I start.


Cheesy. I know. I'm all about Cheese though. Want crackers with this cheese?

7 comments:

  1. You are a talent. I think the poem is great. I love that you are so adventurous to take that on. Oh, and I love the new background
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. RBS: Thanks for your encouragement. I know it's silly, but it's so much more interesting that the load of laundry waiting for me in the dryer.
    I like the background colors...makes me think of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great poem. Love the part about dreaming about who you want to be then getting to work...my goal for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. My favorite is the fifth stanza, Then I got down to work and molded that "me".

    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not cheesy at all. It was beautiful. I love reading your blog. It is always a safe place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice! I love all that sittin' and wishin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. kjha, Cocoa, Joy and Inga: thanks for taking the time to read my silliness. I so enjoy reading your blogs too!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!