Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The death of Killer Po

Back in September, we bought Killer Po for the kids. It came with a 14 day guarantee, that I thought we'd have to use for sure! read this for the full story: http://momza.blogspot.com/2008/09/meet-our-siamese-fighting-fish-killer.html
I was wrong. Killer Po was one tough little fishy. He lasted until today.

Upon breaking the news to the Caboose, she worked up a tear, and said, fretfully, "Now I won't get to train him anymore."

Trying not to laugh, I said, "You trained him?"

"Yes, to swim backwards and flip over. Now I'll never get to train him again." She cracked a smile when I looked at her with all the pity I could muster.

Anyone want a fish bowl?
Which is ironic, because tonight we're going over to look at a black lab to see if it's a good fit for us. I told you I've been missing our sweet dogs...so I think I found an adult lab, fully house-trained, up-to-date on shots, well-behaved and an indoor dog. The kids and I met him last week, we're taking Kent over to meet him tonight on the way to the Blue and Gold banquet.
Maybe we should reconsider after the demise of Killer Po?

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about Killer Po. We had a sucker fish who we called Oscar for 6 years...he kept our fish tank so clean and he looked like a big brown submarine...it was so sad for us when he died.

    We adopted 2 fully housebroken dogs over the years, Daisy and Charlotte and I still miss them both...we had them both for 7 years and they both died at age 14. They were my sweet little friends and brought a lot of joy and happiness into our family. Good luck with finding a new little friend for your family too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Killer Po is the SWEETEST name I have ever heard! Love it!!! Sad that she went to fishy heaven today. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened to Aspen? I can still see Dara and Arianna getting walked by that huge puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, very sadly, we sold Aspen and Denver when we moved here. Aspen was such a great dog--Ari could even walk him around the block by herself. He is missed.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!