Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Women and Alcohol on TODAY

From the AP, as reported on the TODAY show:

Dr. Nancy Snyderman on the Today show, added her two cents:








She said, " I think you take it [this report]with a grain of salt."
"I personally will have a glass of red wine with my meals because to me, that's part of the meal."
Funny, I have never considered wine or any other alcoholic beverage as part of my meal. Does McDonald's know about this?? "I'll have a Big Mac Combo, with a salad and red wine, thanks."
What else is on her dinner plate?? Nails, cigarettes, cyanide? Didn't she just say there are "carcinogens" that have been proven scientifically to cause cancer in women? She presents this information like there is dispute over it's validity, all the while, confirming it's
"definitive-ness". Why is she not using her position as "Chief Medical Editor" on the TODAY show to actually Educate with boldness? Why isn't her voice used more as a Warning??
Bummed me out.
What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Every time that DR. Nancy comes on, I take everything she says with a grain of salt and political correctness...when she first came on the show, I had her number just as you do ! After she had a T.V. makeover, she got even worse, allowing more bad stuff to slip thru the cracks ! Glad I wasn't the only one who thought this way...thanks !

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!