Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Chicken Noodle Soup with a Bite!


2 large cans Chicken Broth ( I used Swanson's low sodium)
5 chicken breasts (remember-- I cook for a small battalion!)
1 celery stalk
1/2 cup red onion
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1 can Rotel tomatoes or diced tomatoes with chilis
Egg Noodles
1/2 bag of California Mix frozen vegetables(cauliflower, broccoli, yellow squash, carrots)
1 can corn
Garlic Salt
Pepper to taste
Olive Oil
So cut up the chicken while it's still a little frozen--it's easier to cut that way.
Then brown it in the oil with the garlic salt & pepper.
Then Toss the chicken into your big Soup pot.
Add everything else except Noodles.
Bring to a nice rolling boil, then add Noodles.
Turn heat down to let noodles cook a little slow...not boiling, but not a simmer either.
Cook until noodles are tender but not mushy....like 7 minutes.
I made this up last night--doesn't it look made up? I wanted the kids to eat homemade chicken soup, and add a little kick. This was really great and I will be oh-so-upset if I ever see it on Rachel Ray--lol! I served it with tortilla chips and salsa for Mr W and the little kids wanted bread and butter. So there you have it.
(* this is not an actual photo--there wasn't any left to take a picture of!)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! This is actually something I can eat! Minus the noodles and the chicken and the corn!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!