Wednesday, March 25, 2009

from the headlines: More People Growing their own vegetables to save money!



On my Qwest newsline:

BOISE -- Employees at lawn and garden stores say they are seeing more people come in to learn how to grow their own vegetables.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29863769/

My first thought. Wow. That's on the news.
2nd thought: Boise. Boise = humongous quantities of LDS. (nodding head.)
3rd thought: I want one. I better get busy planting seeds to transplant outside when the weather's right.
My last thought? John Denver's Charming song: Home Grown Tomatoes!(it starts a little slow, but the mater shots are worth it!


p.s. The weird-lookin'guy at the end was a bonus! You gotta watch the whole thing!

5 comments:

  1. It's true. I Have noticed even myself turning towards the simple things...gratefully. With our business slowly dying as we wait for a sale of the property we have turned towards the simple things in life such as gardening and our shopping habits have dramatically changed. I am grateful for our simple lives. I love it! I am working on a change in myself to serve more and think of myself less. It is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and by the way...I love your family portrait!!! Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just in case you don't make it back over to my blog I just wanted to say thanks for your great advise! I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.
    LOL, and I love your family picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm inspired to plant tomatoes now! Yum! I think they through that odd looking guy in to see if we were still paying attention! Too funny, and not a little disturbing! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen Sister! I'm pretty sure this is all Gods way of settling us all down!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!