Monday, March 23, 2009

I Twitter...Now What?


So I joined Twitter. Because there seems to be a connection between blogging and twittering, and I don't wanna miss out on anything that looks better than bedmaking and toilet-scrubbing, so I joined.
But Twittering? I tried it, and it felt like I was talking to my cryptic-speaking teenagers. Very unsatisfying. Making a limited word statement into nothingness? is fun? What am I missing? I can't bring myself to go back to my twittering account because what I have to say is more than 2 sentences. I'm old. I can't censor myself like that. I can't relate to people in 30 characters or less. I'm better at bedmaking. Not so much the toilet tho. Twitter-ing may still beat that one.

What's wrong with me?AmIdoomedtobeaSilent-Twitterer?Truthis,Idon'thavefunnycleverthings tosayinablip.I'mmoreofaRamblerthanaTwitter,don'tyouthink? (how many characters is that?)

9 comments:

  1. that's pretty funny ... I have decided to stay away from Twitter, I already have plenty going one between blogging and facebook!

    Anyhow, thanks for sharing some ideas with me, I loved your first idea of not bringing something into the home that we don't want to take care of, it is so perfect for us! (Now we just need to get rid of the stuff we have already brought into the home that we don't want to take care of.)

    And ... 7 kids!!! WOW! Good for you! Looks like you are still smiling too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I pretty much could not see the point of reading everybody's two cents in two sentences. If that is all the time you have to talk to me then don't bother. I guess I am just old school..or just old. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Twitter, just because I tend to not have a whole lot to say. I wish I could ramble a little more!

    I love the picture in your header. So fun! And I love that you are a "feeder of LDS missionaries." What a great "job" to have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Twitter is waaaaay to brief for me. Apparently I require at least 300 words for even the simplest thought.

    Girls like us were made for Blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't tried it, but the Facebook thing is really taking off as well. I'm not a facebooker myself, but I've wondered about the draw of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do have a facebook--which has been fun b/c I've been "found" by old schoolmates I haven't heard from in 30+ years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comment on my blog about Michael McLean. It was such a great conference. I love your family picture! It certainly is best to have a sense of humor!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with you! I can't get into the twitter thing. Besides, I don't really need one more thing to keep me on the computer. I need something that will get me exercising more!

    I love the pictures of your kids on the side bar. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought I was missing something all along. I thought I was just not understanding how twitter worked.....I finally asked my savy sister, she informed that THAT IS IT. Just small little bursts out into nothingness about nothing. I can't do it either. I'm not a teenager, therefore I don't get it. :) or a celebrity. I guess a lot of celebrities twitter. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!