Thursday, March 19, 2009

Road Trip, Temples and Skittles

This is a Map of the Western United States. Yes it is. I know what you're thinking...but it IS.
Look, right there where it says Bandarawela...that's Denver. Just a little north of where we live.
Where Nana and Taylow just left for a little over an hour ago on their way to Maskelya (Salt Lake City) and from there, onto Anrasawella (where the bright green C is) also known as Boise.


Okay, I couldn't find a pic of map as quickly as I wanted, so I thought this would work. Do you see San Diego down there...Bentota?...yes there it is. Isn't this fun?


This is the car. If you see this car coming up behind you--will you roll your window down and point your finger at these two girls if they don't have their seat belts on? Thank you.






Spring Break is all about : Instead of going someplace like CA., Mexico, or any coast at all...these two are not in search of a great tan. They're going Temple-hopping...first to Salt Lake (thanks Lea!), then Bountiful (thanks Dodee!)...and then to the Boise Temple with David Scott and Tisha. (love u guys!)

And they're checkin' out BYU and BSU while they're at it...Taylow's never seen either.

On the outside they look very mature...especially for me, when I took this photo months ago.





Then, I found this in a file on the pc a minute ago--it's a file of Nana's pics. "Mature" is not the word that comes to mind. And somehow, I don't think this was meant for the Internet. oops.

They gave me a list of treats for the trip: Cheese stix, Lays Baked Chips, Yogurt-covered raisins, Gatorade and Skittles. That's all they're taking. Oh, and some chocolate-chip cookies their YW leader baked for them. (thx Charlotte!). Do you remember when you could get away with eating like that?



They're 18 now. Road trips are normal for this age...right? So when I followed them out to the car and asked them if they packed coats and a blanket;

and told them to stick together no matter what,

and to never leave the other alone in the TruckStop bathroom or in the car...

and to keep the music at a level they could still hear an ambulance from behind,

and to keep their arms and legs inside the car at all times

and no tossin' Skittles at other cars that might have BOYS in them...

and to ALWAYS ALWAYS wear their seat belts...

well that was normal too, right?



They're supposed to call when they reach Denver.

And again in Wyoming.

And once they get thru Green River.

And again when they get to Lea's house.


It's gonna be a long night.
591 miles to Bountiful.
330 more to Boise.
1 week.




P.S. I expect some recrimination once they get home and find out I put this old picture of them on my blog that is viewed by millions...ok, the 3 of you.

But it's worth it, don't you think?



1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, I would be worrying too! I'm sure they'll have a wonderful trip. What's with these kids growing up so fast anyway?

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!