Friday, March 20, 2009

That Long NIght...random thoughts



It's past midnight. I'm awake. What's up with that? I mean, really--WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?

I'm sleepy. I want to sleep. I need sleep.

I went to bed early. Even fell asleep. Then, Daisie comes in around 10:15pm from babysitting, and here I am, three hours later. Mr W is snoring. Loud. This is not cool. I'm gonna have to get those breathe right strips for us...well, he'll wear it and I won't have to listen to his snoring. Sometimes, his snoring is so weird-sounding, I start giggling and then he starts giggling--cuz he wakes himself up!

randomness #1: I can hear the Boofus is yammering in his sleep. He's dreaming about Legos. I am not kidding. He's saying, "Dude, these are all mine. These are all mine. You have the [blah blah blah] ones..." The other morning I was complimenting him on his newest Lego creation..."someday, you might work for an important company doing amazing things." "Yeah, I think I will work for Legos." Hmm. Well, maybe he will. I was thinking like an architect or a civil engineer...but yeah, people work for Lego too, right? I've just never met anyone in my life that works for Lego. But you know, the Boof-dog would love it, and you should always do something you love.

randomness#2: The girls made it to Utah. They haven't called me from Lea's house. I don't have Lea's number.
They last called when they were 5 minutes from her house...so the chances that they are lying on the side of the road or in a hospital are pretty slim. Besides, Lea woulda called me by now.
Okay I feel better about that.
Diana is awaiting her Nanny assignment--the Director said she will know the details about where she'll be placed by May. I'm excited for her to have a great adventure on the East Coast. It's with LDS Nannies, I'm pretty sure. Definitely an LDS nanny company though--they even require a Bishop's recommendation letter.

randomness #3: What else? Oh we had Nan's daughter's Bridal Shower tonight. We used the ABC theme. There were some fun gift ideas and lotsa good food--as is always the case when it comes to any thing that Nan is involved in--you never leave there hungry. The Bride-to-Be rec'd some "naughty nighties" from her sisters and she had a great sense of humor about it too. But then, she's is Nan's daughter, so what else would she do? Okay and the punch Kelly made was TO DIE FOR!
***Sprite, Apricot Nectar, Pineapple Juice and Pineapple sherbet.*** I had to go back for more 3 times. Yummy!

randomness#4: Even though Mr W vetoed getting a dog right now, I'm still clicking on craigslist every stinkin day looking for a dog I can't resist. It's like a "dare" now...and can I just say that there are some hideous-looking pooches out there? Sometimes I have to go back and look at the pic again to be sure it was just an ugly dog! Man, I've seen mutts in my day, but some of these look like science experiments gone way wrong! Since we always neuter/spray our pets, I guess I didn't realize how many people just don't do that. From what I can tell, Black Labs get around ALOT.
Black lab "Mixes" are everywhere to be found: "labradoodles", "lab/pits", Lab/goldens, Lab/Newfies, "lab/shepherd", "lab/beagles" --on a side note, ever hear of a "Puggle"? I didn't until today: Pug/beagle= puggle. Whodathunk?--anywho, Black Labs are apparently very attractive to many many other breeds...and why not? Are they not the most affable dogs on the planet? What's not to love, right? Isn't Scooby Doo a Lab? Labs are the "Barry White" of the Canine Community.
Okay okay--well I'm looking for a dog Mr W can't resist...truth be told, cuz I'm a pushover for Labs and Goldens. And I want one so I can have a reason to walk my old woman behind off!


randomness #5: I'm thinkin of taking Ari to the Park tomorrow and taking pictures of her in her white baptismal dress. She is getting baptized next weekend. I feel a little emotional about that...she's my baby.
And you how when your kids get to be close to 8, they start acting out and stuff and you think, "Yep! It's time! They're accountable!"?? Well this little sweetheart is not like that. She's just so dang sweet. Oh shoot, tears.
Breathe. Exhale. Tissue.
I really shouldn't be allowed to post things after my bedtime.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man-I HATE those times when I'm sound asleep, then wake up, and then can't sleep! you could always read your scriptures...{giggle} sorry. I usually end up reading something and then falling asleep and then not remembering what I read. I sleep with a snorer too-my condolences....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marilyn, that is such a better idea than typin away on this ol blog. Next time!
    and I appreciate your condolences for my snoring problem, er, I mean snoring challenge. that just sounds better, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 21yo son still plays with his Legos! And my sister's SIL works for Lego. Her boys have every Lego ever made.

    The punch. We had a punch at church that was just 7up and sherbet and it was to die for, so I definitely want to try this recipe! Yum!

    I found my dog on Petfinder.com. I got her thru a dog rescue at 7 months old. It was good because she had been fostered so we knew that she was good with cats and kids and that she was house trained already. (I am really not a fan of the puppy stage!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moody: Thanks for the heads-up about petfinder.com...I'm headin' over there!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!