Thursday, April 2, 2009

My April-Fools Surprise!

Like most families, we have many different personalities. This is the Actress.
See a trend? You loved this "flapper dress"!

Always Posing.


Always smiling!



Your Due Date: 01 April, 1995I walked and walked and walked on your due date, finally going to bed exclaiming, "this baby is never gonna come!"
11:59PM my water broke.
We were expecting a Boy. April Fools!!
I delivered you at home. During the last couple of months of pregnancy, my midwife said (under her breath at the end) that she thought this was not the Boy we were expecting.
As the midwife handed you to me, I looked down and exclaimed:
"A GIRL? Is this a girl???"
"Yes!" came the reply.
"Oh my goodness, what are we gonna name her?"
Because of the "D" -theme we had going, lots of names were thrown out,
and then, I recalled a name I'd thought about when I was pg with #3.


DARA (hebrew) compassion.




CRISTINE (hebrew) anointed one.






You are true to your name. Compassionate. Loving. Creative. Smart.
Dean couldn't pronounce "Dara", and called you "Day".
Kent met you at 22 months and called you "Daisie" and you are!
Your first word: "Hot"--which is natural
given you were born in Phoenix.
Do you remember
when you were around 4 or 5,
the Fourth of July show
you did for us at the Durrant's barbque?
Brittany Spears?
"Oops! I did it again!"??
I wish I had pictures of that!
You are and have always been a gift to me.
Heavenly Father loves you.
And I am grateful you are who you are.
Happy Birthday!







5 comments:

  1. mom, thanks love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tribute to a fun kid! My friend had two boys and then had a girl on April 1st and always referred to her as her "April Fool's boy", since I guess they expected to have another boy. I love her name too. Happy Birthday Dara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute girl you have! Happy birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tribute, fun pictures...and a really cute daughter!

    Thanks, I enjoyed reading that.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated happy birthday, Phoenix girl! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!