Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Everybody's Free (to wear Sunscreen)

For Diana and Seniors Graduating Everywhere!



I love this.
"There is nothing in this world so strong as your belief in yourself."

Nana graduates this Thursday. This last week has been near miserable for her. She's been, frankly, quite emotional...cranky at times, somber at times, ornery and then hopeful...I think they make pills for this if it were long term, but since it's temporary, probably not.
I listen when she talks. The one time a day that is ours alone is afterschool--she walks in the door, and then rides with me to pick up the little kids from their school--it amounts to about 30 minutes, and I will miss that time together. Today is her last day of high school. Where did the time go? Four down, 3 to go. Will I even last until the Caboose is a senior?? From here it looks so far down the road, but life has taught me that time zooms past you when you're so busy living it.

The songwriter Baz L. is profound. His message is spot-on...for all of us. I would add one more thing: Prayer. That's the only way to get thru any of this and resemble the person you want to be in the end.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I loved that!! I will have to have my daughter listen to it. Lots of good advice--including don't read beauty magazines. I had to laugh at that one.

    And I am enjoying seeing your blog backgrounds change. I liked the old one and the new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED that video. Thanks for finding it...and calling it to our attention!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Nana. What does she plan to do from here?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder: time does seem to zoom past when we're busy living it. I'm taking notes already from you & other moms with older kids (my oldest is only 7)...Thank you again for the advice.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!