Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend Whatevers


Saturday was one of those days that I didn't really make any plans and I didn't want any. I'd hoped to hit the trail, but it was super windy and foggy most of the morning, so I just puttered around the house.

We did feed our awesome missionaries breakfast. Taylow made pancakes, Mr W made eggs, and Nana made sausage, while I cut watermelon. We love feeding our missionaries.


My puttering: going thru the kids' toys...is not my idea of a fun thing...but my goodness, when I walked down to the basement and started to cringe looking at the bins full of toys all mixed up, spread on the floor, and messy--well, I was COMPELLED to do something about it.
But in the end, it's worth it. All the Polly Pockets are together.(Do you remember when Polly Pockets were tiny and impossible to keep track of?) As are the Littlest Petshop pets, the tinkertoys have been put back in the same bin, and all 120 naked Barbies are together and their clothing too. Once their clothes are off, they all look the same: nekkid blondes. Boofus is saving all of his Rescue Heroes for his children, he says. I'm okay with that.

I also felt ambitious enough to match up all the DVDs and their cases. I don't get why my kids can't seem to put them back together once they've watched the movie. Why? Why? Why?


Then, that night was Dara's friend, T.'s baptism. I was asked to speak on "Baptism". I talked about how this decision of hers would be the catalyst for her decisions for the rest of her life. I am grateful she asked me to participate. Her parents were supportive even though they are not active in the church. It is easy to see how much they love their daughter.

Daisie spoke on the topic of the Holy Ghost and I am continually amazed at how graceful she is becoming. She expressed sweet feelings of excitement for her friend and her love of the Savior.

Sunday brought beautiful weather! It has been sunny and mild all day.
Tonight we're invited to go to a Fireside put on the missionaries for new converts. T. was invited to speak but was unable to attend, altho another friend of Daisie's who joined the Church in January was asked to speak and we're giving her a ride. Chels is just a doll...so bubbly and every bit 14 years old! It was she and Daisie who shared their testimonies and invited T. to church---the ripple effect, is it not?
*postscript: The fireside was really the highlight of my weekend. Nearly 20 recent/new converts shared their testimonies in a chapel full of missionaries. From young ones like Chels to a few folks old enough to be my parents. Every single one of them was unique and wonderfully candid. They haven't learned the LDS "lingo" yet...very refreshing & inspiring.



Overheard:
Ari to Kota, who'd chewed up something of hers: "Oooohhh, You are in SO MUCH TROUBLE! Naughty Puppy! No! No! No! Mommmm! You stop that right now, okay? Or you're going up to your kennel. Bad girl! Mommmmm!"

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an almost perfect weekend. I would love to have hard the new member fireside. Those are always so inspirational. (And it sounds like your daughter is quite the missionary!)

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weekends are ALWAY filled with fun adventures and non stop fun!!! Your Saturday breakfast sounded de-lish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you got a lot done on the organization front. Want to come do my house?

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!