Friday, June 26, 2009

A Free Tour of my Fridge...no really.

This is a Post about my Fridge. She's a Whirlpool. And she's in trouble. We awoke last Saturday to find icicles in the freezer. Not a good thing...it meant the freezer wasn't, well, freezing. Here's a FREE TOUR of my Fridge. Let's call her COOLEEN.


Our Family Motto. I'd heard the "Clinton-era" logo "it takes a village to raise a child" and ran with it...making it my own. Our Own. And it stuck. Don't steal my motto and put it on Vinyl or a Bumper Sticker, please. Cause the day I see this stamped on a carryall at BYU Women's Conference, I will spontaneously combust. I should contact Deseret Book today....hold on while I write that down.

Since it's Summer and the kitchen resembles Grand Central Station, I made a Dishes Chart. Cuz doggone it, I got tired of "asking" to blank stares and the backs of heads running out the door.

If you look closely...you can see that where there was supposed to be *blank* spaces...there's been a silent war going on... Joseph put Dara's name in both spaces when noone was looking. Then I being the mature mother I am, wrote in HIS names....to which he responded by putting in "Air"...which I am assuming is meant to be "Ari". I should smack that kid.


This little gem has been on our fridge since, like 2001 or thereabouts. It has settled arguments.

This is the side panel. Really what I'm showing off here is Ari's artwork.
Can you guess what the brown slice is??? It's her favorite.

A peek inside. I was expecting an empty fridge but found a bowl of pasta leftovers from 2 nights ago, salsa, a cheese stick, and cans of Coke. Mr W is addicted. We tried an intervention once but decided it was in our best interest to let him have his guilty pleasure.


Said Addiction.

I opened the freezer expecting more emptiness and found this:




I have no idea what the yellow stuff is in the cup. Pineapple juice? I don't know. I'm afraid to ask the kids.

Ahh and yes, frozen grapes. I'm bettin' Daisie is behind that cuz she loves 'em. But they must've been in here overnight because Cooleen is barely working, like Paris Hilton-- Pretty to look at, but not really effective.

Luckily, we have another fridge out in the garage that all of our food is currently in...and a repairman is coming out today to take a look at Cooleen.

And now we've come to the end of this ride, please stayed seated until your lapbelt is released and exit to the Right with care. Thanks for coming!

p.s. the yellow stuff...is not pineapple juice. It's a mango pit and water = Ari's homemade mango juice. just fyi.

5 comments:

  1. I love the quote. It totally belongs on a women's conference tote, in vinyl, and on bumper stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote about dating. What a great one that is!

    =)

    PS. Hope Cooleen recovers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I was looking at the pics I was thinking wow and I thought my fridge looked bare...heheh then I got down to where you said the food was in the other fridge and I thought ooohhhh whew...anyway love the dating quote and the art work....my frige has so many pictures and art work on it I cant even tell you what color my fridge is anymore!!! Hope that cooleen gets all fixed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was cool. The mango thing is totally something my little girls would do too! I hope Cooleen makes a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I won't steal the 'family' quote--but, boy, am I gonna use it around here! Love it! I'm enjoying reading through your posts and your little one liners in the sidebar! So fun!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!