Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lucy! I'm HOME!

The house is still standing. The kids are all in one piece and happily greeted me in the driveway Sunday night as I returned home from Utah--yea!

The trip went fast--days and nights blended into one another. I stayed up WAYYYYY past my bedtime...one night didn't end until 4:30 AM. (I paid for that one the next day tho--*note to self: Don't do that ever again!) Another night didn't end until 2:30AM.
Just sitting around talking and catching up is time-consuming, isn't it?
There's nothing better than laughing so hard your eyes water-up, your ribs get a stitch, and your bladder pleads for release!
I loved it.

I took loads of pictures, but as of yesterday, can't find my camera. Wahhh.
We arrived on Wednesday in Springville...cute little town. Their Reams store has a Food Storage aisle! No kidding!
Thursday we (Nan & I ) met everyone else up at Cafe Rio in American Fork/Lehi (?)--Sherry L., Pam I., and Dodee B...we visited for 3 hours there. THREE HOURS! I wish I could do that every week! Too much fun!
Then, Nan passed me off to Dodee and we headed up to her house in Bountiful. I love Bountiful...she's right below the Temple there. Every house is different...and so many lovely gardens to enjoy. There was a huge fireworks show that night--we just sat in her yard and ate Pace's popsicles--so yummy in the 100-plus-degree weather. Man, it was hot!
That was the Marathon 4:30 AM night...and it affected my vertigo so I stayed in bed and tried to sleep it off until 4PM the next day. I was not myself that day, and felt badly that an entire day was wasted on my precious vacation. But rest was necessary. I was back in bed by 10PM and sleep came easily.
Saturday came and we headed out to the Great Salt Lake and Tooele, then down around the mountain to Eagle and up thru Sandy to Bountiful. The GSL smelled like old garbage to me.
Growing up in Miami, Florida, I was expecting the smell of a salty ocean...nope. But now, I can say I've seen GSL and so there ya go.
Tooele. What to say about Tooele. Nothing comes to mind, so I'll leave it at that.
O wait. It's got hills around it...and a nice high school. there.

We went to Fashion Place mall...I sat in the Food Court while Dodee & her hubby ran around ( I was still recovering) and I People Watched. I love people watching. My favorite place to do that is actually the Airport--with LAX coming in "First" for most entertaining.
So we're at the PROACTIVE kiosk for Dodee when her hubby leans over and says, pointing to a couple also at the kiosk:
"Help me out here--is that his daughter, his wife or his girlfriend?"
I look at this young gal about 25 years old and then at the guy--easily in his 50's.
No ring on her hand. Not his wife.
Dressed very skimpily in a revealing tight black dress. Hmmm. Not sure.
Then, I looked at his goofy grin, with a wad of cash pulled out to pay for the face cleaner...
Ah! "She's his girlfriend", I say.
"How can you tell?" he asks.
"He's too dang happy!"
Their body language as they walked away confirmed it.
Yeah, Dad's aren't all jolly as they pay $75.00 for face wash. Husbands sorta wrinkle their nose when they hear the final tally for that kinda stuff. Old codgers who think everyone whose looking at them are thinking what a lucky guy he is--well, those guys are too stinkin' happy!

Later Saturday night, Stacey D. came down from North SL, and others joined us in the kitchen for more laughter and dessert until 2:30AM and I went to sleep with a smile on my face.
It's true.
Sunday took us forever to get home on account of I-70 being closed for 11 hours because of an awful accident. We were stuck on the highway for 3 hours in Eagle, Colorado. Being stuck wasn't so awful--it just gave us more time to visit and be silly singing country songs.

The kids met me in the driveway at 10:15PM --hugs and kisses for everyone!
I appreciate that Nana took care of everyone while I was gone and she said she enjoyed it too. She baked bread and cookies for the family and made delicious dinners. There were no complaints at all--how cool is that?
As fun as it is to take a little trip, it's always good to be home too.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome home...traceling and visiting...along with bladder busting humor is always fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it sounds like a super time!!! and then to get home and have everyone and everything in one piece...that only makes the trip even better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about staying up too late. It's hard to hit the hay when you're in such good company.

    That vertigo thing is a drag, though. My mom has that same tendency, especially when she's tired or stressed. Fortunately, it sounds like you recovered in time to enjoy the rest of the vacation.

    Always fun to return home to the kids, too. Makes you appreciate them even more to leave now and then.

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!