Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Prayers of a travelling Mother Hen

This Mother hen is flying the coop this morning.
Will be back Sunday.
Saying little prayers left and right:
that the kids will be safe while I'm gone.
That my house will still be standing when I return.
That the doors will not be left wide open
with neighbor kids running through
like chickens with their heads cut off.
That Boofus will not scrape knees or elbows.
That the Bee will not ride her bike in the street.
That Daisie will not get sucked into the TV.
That we'll travel safely
so I can come Home in one piece and resume life.
That there will not be a single crisis
for 5 days.
House Rules:
No hitting, punching, name-calling.
No slapping, pinching, hog-tieing.
Nobody IN, Nobody OUT.
Be kind.
Be true.
BE BE BE
Good.
Is that too much to ask?

5 comments:

  1. Safe journey my friend and remember...surrounding your house while your gone is an army of angels protecting your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momza, I hope if you are out my way (Utah) that you look me up or at least give me a call. Would love to hear what your voice sounds like and if it sounds the same as it does in my head when I ma reading your posts
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too much to ask? Of course not! (heehee)

    It's always hard to leave, but try to have a good time because you deserve it!!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As soon as you get in the car and drive away-you'll feel better. I always have super anxiety before I go on a trip. Just be prepared to be a little stressed when you get back. Otherwise have a GREAT time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are back in town and I have been catching up on blogs. When I got (what better thing to do when jet lag has its grip on you?) When I got to yours I felt such a sense of peace--like I was back with a good friend. It was fun to read your posts. I hope you had a nice trip. I loved reading about the concert and had to laugh at your disappointment in not walking because you couldn't get off the computer. Oh, how many times have I been there?? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!