Friday, July 17, 2009

Real News of My Real Life

We're dead in the middle of summer. It's alot slower than I thought it would be. We've only been camping once! ONCE! That's not like us at all.
In my efforts to save money, we have stuck near home for the most part. Which is fine, I guess.
The troops aren't protesting too loudly.
Mr W and Boofdog rode bikes on the Sante Fe trail for a couple of miles last weekend...which is always relaxing for Mr W.
The girls' babysitting jobs have filled their pockets with spending money for treats, movies, and accessories like toilet paper and silly string, and enough leftover to meet their Kohl's habit.
The house is still full of friends & missionaries stopping by to play games and eat brownies.

Other than that, it's been pretty quiet. We decidedly miss the pool we had in Idaho. We spent 70% of our day in the pool and haven't been swimming once this summer. Not Once! I need to fix that.
We did go and see a matinee of Harry Potter yesterday. It was well-written and directed, but the end came and we sat staring at the theater screen wondering what just happened at the end there? Did they run out of material? Money? What? It was a dreadful note to end on...having not read the books, I was expecting something that tied things up. But no. The only interesting character for me continues to be Prof. Snape...whom I think will end up the series champion, but because I haven't read it, could be totally off the mark. Anywho, the kids liked it. Even Ari who watched it thru her fingers.

We'd hoped to see the Boise couple this summer...but that's not looking promising. Too long to drive here, and too expensive to fly. David Scott has changed his school plans, which I think is going to be a blessing for them both.

Dani & Mr. Idaho are in Utah this weekend for a family reunion. I wish I were a fly on the wall for this and that's all I can say. She is 5 months pg. and it's hot over there. And they're going to Lagoon. Better them than me.

I'm heading over to SLC next week with Nan...to spend totally unplanned days with Dodee. My most fav vacations are of those kind. I've been to London where we run around like chickens with our heads cut off, from Westminster Abbey to the Tower of London to Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden, Piccadilly and everywhere in between...even in the week we were there, it wasn't enough, but boy! was I tired at the end of each day.
No, next week will be alot of sitting and visiting and walking in the morning up towards the Bountiful Temple. I can't think of anything better than catching up with a good friend.

We haven't had Dean down this summer yet. We ran out of days until this month. So next weekend I want to have him down for a visit. I miss him so much my bones hurt.

So I was watching "Hannah Montana"...no, really, I was actually watching it. Normally, it is on TV constantly, but my "mother ears" tune it out in the name of sanity--like all the other Disney Soap Operas(HM/ Sunny with a chance/Wizards of Waverly Place/Jonas Brothers/Josh & Drake/Suite life of Dumb and Dumber/etc.--where all of the kids lie to all of the adults and each other week after week, but never learn any character)--but yesterday, since Boofus was watching TV in my room, it was on, and I sat down next to him for a minute. I really looked at this little actress and then! a light went on and I called for Daisie to come upstairs! Her hair has been growing out since she cut it herself a little over a year ago, but her bangs are just awful. They hang on her face and cover her eyes. My English/Irish Granma always always got on me about having hair in my eyes, so I have come to have total disdain for hair drooping in the eyes...boys or girls--it looks retarded.(*I can say retarded b/c I am the mother of a special needs son who calls US "retarded" all the time so it means something totally different in our house. just saying) You ever see people speaking at Church and all they do is mess with their hair the whole time?? I'm like, CUT IT! PIN IT! STAPLE IT! Get it out of the WAY! It's like, ya know, the most annoying thing in the world when, like, the speaker has no control over their hair and they, like, constantly are pushing it back between sentences. ugh!
So, back to my Hannah Montana inspiration...her face is round, like Daisie's-- so I talked her into letting me cut her bangs like Hannah's. Nana walked in, mid-cut, and kidded Daisie about how she would never let me touch her hair--but then changed her tune and said it looked great.
So thanks, Hannah Montana. Wow, did I really just do that?

Okay, more good news:
Nana is still on for Oregon.
Boofdog is nearly recovered from his accident.
The Bee is smarter than all of us put together. And she's eight. The Lord did bless me with a smart one at the end. hehe
I also sent my resume to LDS Social Services offerring up my doula services to unwed pregnant mothers whom they work with...I've been feeling this for awhile and just did it. So we'll see.
And I'm not in Primary anymore. This Sunday I'll go back to Relief Society. I'll miss my Primary kids, but I'm ready to get my cup filled in SS and RS.

And that's all I got.
Oh wait!!-- I got these cute but AWFUL sandals at Kohls...they "SHUSH" when I walk...I mean every stinkin step sounds like I'm shushing someone. Even my Primary kids asked what's wrong with my shoes on the way to class! I sound like an Air Ballon ready for take-off when I walk--AND I am not kidding...total strangers look at me when I walk by cause they think I'm doing a "PSST!" at them!

3 comments:

  1. You are so funny. Loved the news. You could come in my pool anytime- my kids are to big they claim so it's empty just waiting for swimmers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fun to hear all about your big family and all their comings, goings, and doings.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to have a boring summer like yours. I'm done with excitement for awhile. Hang in there...and though I haven't seen the movie yet...the part you are talking about crushed me in the book...as for Snape...well, I'm not going to ruin it for you!!! Enjoy the rest of your quiet summer!!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!