Monday, July 20, 2009

Note to Self

It's Monday. A gorgeous Monday at that, and I have already dissappointed myself. At 11PM last night, I told my self: "self, get up early tomorrow morning, put your sneakers on, grab the dog and hit the dirt! GO for a walk in the cool Colorado air."
I woke up at 6:30am, let out the dog and told myself, "Self, check your mail, and don't mess around on the PC for longer than 30 minutes, then, go on that walk!"
It's 8:59Am. My bum is glued to the chair. I've been reading blogs, People.com, AOL, and whatever else popped up at the click of a button.
Now it's 9:00. I officially suck.

Today is David Archuleta day. Remember I told you I'd gotten tickets. It's today. Daisie is thrilled...she may spontaneously combust. I am prepared for her to thoroughly embarrass me in public tonight. She cannot contain her enthusiasm in any context. I'm bringing Nana with us so if needs be, we can hogtie Daisie to get her home. Note to Self: Bring rope & duct tape.

In other random news:
I got to go to Relief Society yesterday...for the first time (other than Mother's Day) in a year.
I waited for Sharing time and Music, but that didn't happen.
My "cup" was bone-dry, and now it's not. As much as I enjoy Primary--and I do-- Relief Society is "home" to me. I love sisters.

The dog is whining like a tea kettle next to me, so I'm gotta get off my bahooey...there's still alot of morning left. Note to self: turn off the pc, get that rope & duct tape, oh and ear plugs.

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, have fun at the concert! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty fond of Relief Society myself. (Not so much Primary, I'm somewhat ashamed to say...)

    Have fun with David A. tonight. Or at least, have fun watching Daisie have fun.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there done that before...have all the best intentions to get things done and then well I ummm get pre-occupied.....anyway have a super time at the concert tonight....did ya remember to get the rope and duct tape?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had a primary calling for the last 6 years. I can't wait until I'm old enough for RS! LOL I'll probably end up in YW though first. Have fun at the concert. You're definitely gonna need those ear plugs, if not because of your own daughter, then because of the thousands of others screaming fans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I imagine I could catch a few drops at church if I got to visit RS once or twice. a year As it is, I've been in Primary for 8 solid years (minus a couple months were I got fired, then the new primary president called me back). If it's not my own crazy kids, it's the wacky sunbeams. Church doesn't do it for me, maybe a drop when my wonderful primary chorister starts crying, but not enough to make me change my lazy ways. Church is a hard thing right now. Maybe I'll run away to the temple tomorrow rather than wait until Wednesday ...

    (Have I ever told you, I really like your blog? Well, I do!)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!