Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What's a Boyfriend in Box? and the "S - word"

This is a great gift for a Sweet 16 young woman. At least that's what I've been told. It's called "A Boyfriend in a Box".... Dani made this one, when she was 16 and she passed it along to Nana.




You cut out pictures from magazines and glue, then tape them all over a box. Inside, you put a Ken doll with a chick flick and chocolate bars and microwave popcorn.

This is the inside lid. That's Freddie Prinze on the left...and some kid named Jason Behr on the right. Matt Damon, Carson Daley, BSB, Leonardo DiCapprio, Jerry O Connell, Brad Pitt, the big brother from 7th Heaven and tons more I have no idea who they are! > Now, I thought this box had long dissappeared with time and moves. But nope, Nana dragged it out laughing, she and Taylor have been using it for YEARS...
Silliness.


Going back to 2002, they listed all the boys they had crushes on at the time. 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and so on....
Some of the "crushes" had names like "Swimming" a lifeguard at the pool that summer, and others just had the first name, b/c they didn't know the boy's last name...some of them were old boyfriends of Dani's and friends of David Scott...and when there were no real boys around, they listed movie stars, singers--50 cent!!--even missionaries serving in our area and Joseph Smith got an honorable mention too! silliness abounds with girls!

FYI: Two names were consistently on their list--Christian Bale, Keanu Reeves. Hey, they do have good taste, don't they? They're growing up...tho they just last week made a new list...but Christian Bales' name was still on it.
I love that they started this and continues...it will be a treasure someday for them and their own daughters!




**********************
Speaking of growing up...
Daisie is starting to show signs that she is, ya know, growing up...and being the awesome Momza I am, I talked her into letting me take some pics of her.


She is mostly smiley...so I told her to relax....

Which she was starting to do....




UNTIL Nana popped outside to see what we were doing.........




And then, all bets were off!


Notice Daisie is at first trying to stay focused...



Nana's friend, Katelyn was standing there and she said, "You have to say the word my Granma makes us say to relax our faces." "What's that?" "Sex."
So this is Nana's face, in response.


Timidly she whispers: "Sssssseeeeeexxxxx." She was even blushing. Cracks me up.

Then it was shouted: "SEXXXXXX!!!" And by the end we came to this. I don't recommend Katelyn's Granma's technique. We went back to "Peaches".
Big Sisters Rock!

So, what did you teach your little sisters or what did your big sister teach YOU?

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fun idea! If I had girls, I would totally do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures. Love the box. I too had crushes on some of them fella's taped up there, lol.

    Unfortunately, I missed all the sister talk :( I am an only child. But I declare MINE wont be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Cute! We have a "book" that is passed around to the girls. Sorta how to handle boys book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man I wish I had a daughter to make a box like that for!!! Would it be weird to do it with my little sis even though we are both grown and have kids??? hehe there is a big 12 years age difference between me and my little sis so I pretty much filled her in on all the important things she needed to know growing up!!1

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the boyfriend box! What a cool idea. I hope I remember it in 6 years. Send me a reminder ok?

    My big sister taught me about the birds and bees with Ken and Barbie. They're not really anatomically correct, but I got the point, and I was thoroughly grossed out!

    I don't think SEX would relax my face. I'd get all embarrassed! I'll stick to "cheese" thankyouverymuch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That last picture is just the best ever! I love the two of them laughing together like that.

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!