Monday, August 10, 2009

A Blurry Weekend

It's Monday. I've been trying to remember what all I did over the weekend, and frankly, it's still a blur of activity...
Dani came down on Friday night b/c Mr. Idaho was busy with wrestling stuff and she didn't wanna be alone. Which is comical itself because she was the child who always wished she was an "only" child...and now she doesn't like to be alone! Go figure. Her belly is distinctly pregnant.
Five and half months along and feeling all the aches and pains of a changing body. I got to feel the baby kick which totally rocked my socks!

Boofus asked if his buddies could spend the night, and taking it even further, asked if they could all put a tent up in the backyard and sleep in it. So that the Caboose could join the fun, Mr. W said he'd sleep in it if the Caboose would be welcomed to sleep in it too. The boys agreed and come 9pm they were all out in the tent listening to Dad tell his Montana bear stories and making flashlight shadows.

Dani crawled up into my bed and we watched television until we were bleary-eyed. It was a treat to have her here without Mr. Idaho. We had her full attention and time to catch-up!
The missionaries have continued to come over and teach Nana's friend, Kate, the lessons. And they came back again for breakfast Saturday morning.

Saturday afternoon we just spent time together...the older girls and I running to Kohl's for an awesome Sale, and Mr W doing yardwork, riding bikes with the kids and taking them to Fox Run Park. So busy. When the girls and I came back from shopping, my front yard was covered in bicycles, scooters, roller blades and whatnot...I should've taken a picture, really.

We sent Dani off to Golden and thought we'd have a quiet evening but that was hardly the case. We ended up playing games and by the time I went to bed I was dead-tired.

Sunday. Just reflecting on the day makes me wanna close my eyes for a few moments. Church was Church, ya know? Nana stayed for the next ward's meetings because of a missionary homecoming she wanted to attend...Kate met her up there for that and then dropped Nana off after.
Then, we had a big goodbye dinner for Kate. Her folks plus 3 missionaries and 2 other friends from Church came over for that...making it 14 for dinner. One of the missionaries played the piano for us and was just. awesome.! We made homemade chicken fettucine alfredo florentine, a salad and french bread. Kate's mom brought over 2 delicious homemade cakes that were outta this world! I'll print the recipe tomorrow.
After dinner and visiting, the kids all played games (Curses) with the rest of the guests and we ended with a devotional and sent the missionaries out the door. Kate & Nana sat and visited with a young man who has just returned from his mission to London. He's a very nice guy. Of course, the fact that he has the brightest eyes on the planet, according to Kate, makes him easy to listen to, apparently.
And that's really it.
It's Monday...and this is the last week of Summer Break for our yahoos. I have mixed feelings about this...I'm ready for some quiet time, but oh how I dread 3-8pm everyday...homework, dinner, homework, dishes, homework. Teachers give so much more than I ever had when I was a kid, it is nauseating. Every August I contemplate going the Home School route, and then I back down. I don't know.
We went thru the kids' closets and drawers today...thinning out and sizing up. Figuring out if we need to buy more clothes for school. Honestly, the things that are on Clearance right now are summer clothes...and summer is just about over here in the Springs. We have long winters. SO by the time it actually gets cold, the Winter stuff that's on sale now, will be on Clearance then, so I'll wait to buy long pants and long sleeved tops until September/October. But I do have to buy the Boofus some sneakers...he's been wearing his KEEN water sandals all summer long...every stinkin day and Boy! have we gotten our money outta those! They are the best shoes ever for boys! Mr W has a pair exactly like them too. And the Caboose has worn her Teva's every day too...and they're still going! That's what I love about TEVA's...kids grow outta them, not wear them out!
Daisie will be a freshmen. in high school. This is going to be hard for her. I'm gearing up for her emotionally-charged breakdowns certain to happen this year. She's just not a typical snotty teenager. She's not one of the mean girls. Ugh. Insecure hormonal girls wielding their catty ways is indeed something to beware of...it's gonna be tough.
Nana is going to the community college for a semester and will stay there "until God tells me what else to do."[quoting her] All of her friends will be gone...she'd planned on being gone too.
SO we'll see.
The good thing about School starting is that we're better at reading our scriptures. So I'm getting geared up for that...schedules do have their good points, right?
It's easy to see why I'm so tired, eh? I need...a bubble bath, some chocolate , a good movie and a nap.

3 comments:

  1. You've got one of the busiest households ever! I always like hearing about all the comings and goings and doings.

    =)

    PS. We like Tevas here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that. "Just thinking about the day makes me want to close my eyes." That sums up my Sunday perfectly.

    We have been doing the school clothes evaluation around here as well. I don't know how, but my daughter has put holes in every single pair of pants she owns. I have decided to attempt patches because I don't want to buy a whole slew of new jeans when she has plenty that still fit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true about freshmen girls!! I had one last year and it was a constant drama fest. The bad thing is that I had all the same girls in my seminary class and had to just keep loving them all equally, even though a couple of them sure were mean to some of the others. Good luck to your daughter. Perhaps she will be lucky and everyone will be nice. Well, it could happen. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!