Tuesday, August 11, 2009

McDonald's Has Nothin' On Me...

I'm making out my menu for this week.
There's 6 of us in the home.
But I have to plan for at least 8 for most meals.
Why? Because for at least two meals every day
we have another couple of tummies to feed.

I don't know why this is
other than the fact that our house
specifically my kitchen
closely resembles Micky D's.

To give you an idea:
Yesterday for lunch--
my 4 kids
PLUS
4 of Boofus' friends
1 of Ari's friends
and 1 of Nana's friends.
That's 10 for lunch.
and snacks.
Yesterday for dinner was a light one...
just one extra for dinner.
But 4 extra for dessert.

If you're in the neighborhood, drop on over.
There's room at the table for you.
Would you like peanut butter with your jelly
or
jelly with your peanut butter?

McDonald's has nothing on me
with their
OVER 42 MILLION SERVED.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, you are such a good person. If kids are over, I'm like, go home, it's dinnertime. Or snacks? How about some water? I'm a meannie. We'll see if/how that changes as the kids get older, though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wish i WERE in the neighborhood. You can bet I'd be dropping over often.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still say to my kids and now grandkids...I'm not McDonald's anymore because like you, our house was the place in the neighborhood to go for food and fun when they were growing up...and I am glad it was way back then but it's over now !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous!! I would love to feed more people at my table (I did take dinner to my neighbor but I don't think that counts). We live a bit out of town though and don't often have visitors. You are very blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, if I knew there was free food, me and my 4 kids would stop by ALL the time...I think it's awesome that your house is the 'hangout', that means your kids feel comfortable bringing their friends around! What an awesome momma.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!