Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Circle of Women...

I have been enjoying these Sister Bloggers for some time now, but this last couple of weeks, I've been living vicariously thru them as they both welcomed new grandchildren into their families.

Their posts are so wonderful, I hope they don't mind that I am sharing them OUTLOUD on my blog too...

Merry Misadventures of a Matriarchal Madwoman

Circle of Sisterhood

As I was witnessing my daughter giving birth last week, I had a profound moment.

Circled around her, as she was struggling to bring forth life, were her husband, her nurses, her doctor, her sister and her mom.

The thought came crystal clear to me that all of those individuals, except for her husband, were women.

We were a circle of sisters, literally surrounding her with love, encouragement, empathy and strength to accomplish her difficult task.

It seemed as if my mind opened, looking to the past, as a circle of sisters surrounded one of their own during her travail, encouraging her, wiping her brow, tending to her needs and encircling her with love and support. I could see my grandmothers, my great-grandmothers and beyond gathering around one of their own to inspire and assist during one of life's most important events.

We were adding link in that long chain of sisterhood that has been going for centuries.

Penetrating to the depths of my being was the realization how much we girls need each other. We have a unique bond like no other; sisters, daughters, mothers, and girlfriends.

May we always circle each other with love, encouragement, support and strength.


interestingly enough, as I was working on this post, TL came in to proudly show me his "wound" received yesterday while paintballing yesterday with a bunch of business associates. Don't ask.

Quite a contrast.


http://marilynmomof7.blogspot.com/2009/09/as-i-was-witnessing-my-daughter-giving.html

Happiness is a Choice

Oh Baby!

Wow! There is just nothing like having your very own offspring (in this case a son) have his very own offspring to make you feel like a brand new person. Maybe it is because new life that springs forth from your bloodline is allowing a little bit of you to live on and on and on. Anywho, that is how I am feeling today. My newest tiny newborn grandbaby is doing BETTER and BETTER and I am so happy and grateful for that.

It is an interesting thing to be part of, this idea of generation after generation continuing on in an unbroken string. I truly do think that I will live forever, which in effect part of me will. And as I contemplate the beautiful grandchildren I have been blessed with, it is truly the best part of me that will live on.

With each new little one, comes that opportunity to try harder, to love with no conditions, to see through innocent eyes. A fresh start is ours to be had. What an adventure life is, what a gift to be enjoyed.

Who says you can't turn back the clock. Each new addition to my family makes me feel younger and invigorated and very alive. And if my kids keep up the pace, who knows, I just may live forever!

http://rbseely.blogspot.com/2009/09/oh-baby.html


* I love associating with Women who are on the same path that I am on, only a little further ahead of me...their example and wisdom is invaluable in my life. I so appreciate their generosity in sharing their experiences. Thanks to Marilyn and Roxanne!

4 comments:

  1. Aww, thanks for spreading the blogger love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those were great posts. As you know, being a grandma is near and dear to my heart, and these two have said it well.

    Thanks! I will go check out their blogs sometime.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I see that you ARE Mormon and you're a doula, too! Now I like you even more! I really want to be a doula when I grow up, if that ever happens. Also, your header picture is hysterical! SOOOOO nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Momza, I am honored to be a part of a blog that I enjoy so very much. You are very dear!
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!