Friday, October 16, 2009

5 Weeks and Counting Down!

Spoke to Dani last night
we talked all things
Baby.
The nursery is ready to go
she says.
The crib linens are on
the bassinet is ready
to lay a little head down
into it's wonderful softness.

She is feeling the weight of
Golden Boy's head on her
pelvic floor--
do you remember that?
I let her know that's normal.
He's settling in for the
journey of birth.

I can't wait to see his little face.
I see so many new little faces
coming into this world
I oooh and ahhh over them,
and then I hand them back
to their mommies and daddies.
This one,
this little Golden Boy
I can keep.
I'll be there when he comes into
this wonderful world
and I'll hold him and smell him in
and smooch those soft cheeks
I won't have to give him back--
"Cept when he poops.
Then I'll hand him back.

Oh, this is going to be
Good.

11 comments:

  1. YAY! How exciting. Grandbabies are the BEST! Good luck with everything. Are you going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh 5 weeks left!! That is so so so exciting!!! Give Dani my love! I can't wait to see pictures of your handsome new grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! I bet you're thrilled. You'll be a great grandma because you're a wonderful mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting!

    Just out of curiosity, are they going to name him Golden? Because someone I know just named their son that. Just wondering. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. No they're not naming him Golden. I don't know if I can say what they're naming him tho. I'll have to ask if I can share it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And it is even better than you can even imagine!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited for you, there is nothing quite like sweet little grandbabies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tick Tock. Life is not only about to change for Dani....oh boy is it changing for her!.....but for you too. Just be prepared, I heard it is a mind losing experience....in the best sense of the word! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. there's nothing as sweet as a new little grandchild...a little precious bundle of immortality ! (1/4 of you is living in that new little person ) Hope everything goes well !

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!