Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Fihr-teen Dorras Fihr-teen Minnas, yes?

I spent the day up North
with Dani,
the mother of my
soon-to-be
Golden grandchild
who has yet to make his
appearance.

He's late.
Like his Momma,
and his Daddy
who are always
always always
late.

I took Dani to Colorado Mills Outlets
where we walked her
around like a show pony
to see if we could get
her into labor.

We stopped at a
 place
where she got a foot massage
from Chinese guys wearing
little white chinese "scrubs"
with red piping on the sleeves
and neckline
and who,
apparently just got off
the boat from China
3 days ago
as they spoke almost as much
English
as I speak Chinese.

They took a look at Dani's
very large pregnant belly
and with eyes wide as pancakes
said:
"You-ah wont mah-sege?"
HUNH?
Then they used Chinese sign language
 which could easily be
Universal
as they pointed to Dani's belly
and practically reached out
and dragged her inside.
"Fihr-teen dorras, fihr-teen minnas, yes?"

I thought, why not?
She's overdue,
reflexology can help,
sure, go ahead,
I say.

Forty minutes
and
forty dollars
later
I am thinking
I  need to learn
Chinese.

Sirry Umelikens.

2 comments:

  1. Ok! Betta wacha outta - I'm betting things get going tonighta :)

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. haaaaaahahaha You kill me...I love you guys. I need to hang out with you more often. haha Tell Dani I say hello and suerte dando a luz. haha (This is Kacey.)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!