Monday, November 9, 2009

Where is THAT Stork Anyway?

It's almost eleven o'clock at night
and I should be asleep.

I even went to bed at 10 o'clock
with the intention
of sleeping.

Got up twenty minutes later
and here I sit.

My sleep is being held hostage
by 3 pregnant women
who are going to go into
labor
any stinking
minute now.

Plus!
my own daughter
who is going to have
my first grandchild
the Golden one
any moment.

The suspense is killing me.
I just know the exact
moment
I finally drift to la-la land
my phone will ring,
shake my adrenalin
into high gear,
and shoot me off like a rocket!

I'm ready.
I'm prepared.
I'm wide-awake!

C'mon Stork!
Start droppin them babies
so I can go to sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Exciting stuff, that's for sure.

    Yep, that birthin' babies thing is pretty cool. (To say nothing of a brand new grandchild!)

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!