Monday, November 9, 2009

Weekend Roundup... Teddy Bears, Movie Review, Exploding Dog, Anniversary & Babies!

It's Monday.
I love my Mondays.
You don't even know how much
I love my Mondays.

After a busy
go go go weekend
the house is finally
mine
all mine.

Friday was the first day
of our Teddy Bear Drive--
we've passed the word
and already have our first
bears!--courtesy Daisie's
Sunday School teacher!

I'm really excited about this
venture!
If the past is any indication
we are going to have
ALOT of Teddy Bears to send
to Fort Hood's children!
I will post the address in the next post!

Saturday was Mr Wonderful's & mine
11th Anniversary...
but we didn't make any plans
so it was very laid back.
I received breakfast in bed,
flowers & a card
and he did all the weekend laundry!
I love "gifts" like that--
My Love Language is
Service, remember?
My honey bunches speaks
my lingo and I love it!

Later that night
Mr W took Boofus to a
Hockey Game at World Arena
and watched the Colorado College Tigers
munch the University of Minnesota-Duluth-whatevers
6-2.
I took the grils (yes, grils) to see
Disney's "A Christmas Carol"--
freaked. my. guts. out!!
The animation is like Polar Express
and it's wonderful
and creative
and detailed--
but it has some intense scenes in it
and fraidy cats like me and the Bee,
should take someone braver than them
so they know "is it ok to look now?" stuff
cuz I nearly knocked myself out
with my own hand!
And without spoiling anything--
even though I'm pretty sure we've
all seen C.C. in all it's many productions--
there are " Harry-Potter-Dementor-type" horses
that chase Ebenzer Scrooge--
with red blazing eye balls that,
if I think about it too much
I may have to go into therapy
to remove the images outta my mind!
The Bee was so quiet afterwards,
I asked her if she'd been traumatized?
She said, "No, it just freaked me out."
Me too, Sister, me too.


Sleep.
I did not get much of it.
Saturday night,
I was just barely asleep
when Daisie appeared at the bedside
"The dog exploded in her kennel".

I grabbed the Lysol and Clorox wipes
and headed down to the basement--
it was bad. Very Bad--the stench met me
at the top of the stairs and
as I rounded the corner to the bathroom
I heard Daisie--
dry heaving as she comes tearing around
into the family room
gasping for air
and slipped, crashing down on the floor!
I was barely awake
so I didn't react right then--
that would be later--
in the bathroom I found
the kennel turned on it's side
in the bathtub
full of dog diarrhea.
I opened all the basement windows,
sprayed Lysol everywhere
and wondered again,
whose bright idea was it to have a dog anyway?
They should be taken out back and beat up!

About this time (11:48PM--minutes before curfew)
Diana comes in...
pinching her nose,
she walks straight to her room--
where she proceeds to spritz perfume--
and shuts her door.
Some help she is! Not.
(fyi, the next morning, I went down to her room,
open the door, and met by frigid temps, her window open,
and she is under several layers of blankets, wearing a sweatshirt).
By this time,
Mr W has come down stairs
YEA!!! thank goodness!!
And between the three of us,
we get the mess cleaned up
and I was back in bed by 12:40AM
wide awake.
laughing my guts out!
I couldn't stop laughing!--
The image of Daisie dry heaving, tearing around the corner,
sliding on the carpet and gasping for air
was hilarious!! Only in my life!
p.s. Dakota/Oprah/FlavaFlav is fine.


We have 3 babies due RIGHT NOW:
One is a week overdue
One was due Friday
and one was due Saturday.
And then Dani called Friday
to tell she's having some symptoms
of labor too.
So that's 4 Babies.
I feel like I should apologize to each of the
Mommies though
because every night
I have gone to bed tired and
whispered a prayer to the heavens:
"Please don't let anyone go into labor tonight."
Don't tell them that.

Altho in Church yesterday,
during a particularly boring meeting
I was thinking
"I wish my phone would ring! Ring, phone ring!"
But nope.
I know it's wrong to admit that church meetings
can be boring.
But we all know those meetings where your
mind wanders and the minutes crawl by...
or is it just me?
Yeah, it's probably just me.

So the rest of Sunday
was spent quietly:
I made a roast,
the Bee made a cake in her
Easy Bake Oven
Daisie made lemon squares
the missionaries came over
had some dinner and we played
Apples to Apples--Elder Garrison-style
who used his leftover Halloween candy
to bribe Boofus for his vote
and my vote garnered a Three Musketeers bar
which I cut into 7 peices so we could all share.
What? Hey, that's just what a Momza does around here.
Give Give Give....just like the little stream.

I love Mondays.

3 comments:

  1. Your weekend was exciting, mine was laid back. So let me know about the babies, and what your schedule is... Love ya, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, you have reminded me why I don't have a dog.

    Thank you.

    ;)

    PS. And have a wonderful Monday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so funny!!! My dog has diarrhea too!! Only she did not explode in her kennel. I have kept her outside so all the mess is there. Poor thing though. I feel bad for her. I hope your dog is feeling better.

    Congratulations on your anniversary and good luck with all those babies!!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!