Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ten Days Of Christmas Quiz

 Since I've been running up and down the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains almost every day since December 2nd, I am stealing this from Marilyn.
 

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Both, but I like the Silk-nog rather than the calorie-laden real stuff.  But can I have extra marshmallows in my hot cocoa?

2. Does Santa wrap the presents, or just set them under the tree? Mostly wrapped, unless it's a odd present like a bike...then it just gets a huge bow.

3. Colored or white lights on the tree/house? White lights on the indoor trees, colored when Mr. W hangs them outside.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Sometimes.  My teenagers ask for it all the time, so not all the time.

5. When do you put up your decorations?    First weekend after Turkey day.



6. What's your favorite holiday dish? oh man, I like them all! Warmed cranberry brie.  Cranberry salsa.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child. The year I rec'd my yellow bike with the white banana seat!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was probably near 11 before I finally admitted to myself that there was no Santa...I enjoyed the whole idea of him!


9. How do you decorate your Christmas tree(s)?  Well one is the Family tree full of individual ornaments that Granma Barb sends us each year.
It has a grapevine Star at the top, raffia bows, red sashes in the boughss, and is 9 ft tall. Family presents under there. The other is my froo-froo tree...light pink balls, light sage green balls, deep crimson, and gold balls, crimson ribbon, and an angel at the top. Santa presents under there.


10. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? yes, just one of our choosing. It tides the kids over...and no, it is not pjs.  My mom used to do that, and I hated it as a kid.  What a let down! lol

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I grew up in Miami, Florida...have called Colorado home for 10 years-- love the snow!


12. Ice skate? Can you do it? I have tried it. once. Unfortuately, I was not like Dorothy Hamill or MIchelle Kwan, but more like Oscar the Grouch on wheels.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Oh I can't say!  I love them all!


14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Being together as a family. Cheesy, I know, but the absolute truth.

15. Favorite holiday dessert? All of it!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? White Elephant Gift Exchanges!

17. What tops your holiday tree? 1- Grapevine Star 2- Angel

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Both are good. Both are favorites!

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Angels we have heard on High. AND I LOVE the Messiah.  AND I always cry over "O Come All Ye Faithful."  I don't know why, I just do. AND Silver Bells reminds me of my childhood. 

20. Candy canes? Absolutely...we had 4 dozen on the tree 2 days ago...now just the ones outta kids' reach are left= 4.

Scripture: Luke 2.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all of these. Kind of fits with my post today about warm and fuzzy Christmas traditions. (Once again, great minds think alike!) Do you think we might be twinners?

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oscar the grouch on wheels-love it. I wish I had that much coordination. My family's favorite video is watching me as a kid hanging on to the side of the rink, moving at a snail's pace. That and watching me jump like a frog off the diving board. Good times. Christmas sounds like a magical time at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Melissa: LOL the visual you created is perfect...I know about hanging onto the sides of the rink! lol
    @Sue: It would be an honor to be a twinner with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey-I knew I liked you! We have much in common-at least with Christmas traditions! Enjoy that baby!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!