Sunday, February 7, 2010

Deja vu

Lately, I've been questioning my
parental-skills with teen #4....
it's been a rough couple of weeks.

Then, outta the blue #1 calls
and calms my worried heart.


Number One refined me,
taught me,
wised me up
years ago.

His perspective means alot to me.
I can ask,
"what am I doing wrong?"
and not fear his answer.
"Nothing Mom. It's just teenager stuff.
She's being a doofus." (dontcha love his brotherly description?)

Whew! Okay.
I did something right.


Number Two comes down
with the Ninja Baby--
and without talking to #1,
basically says the same thing.

Talk about tender mercies.
I needed those pats on the back.
Made me grateful I didn't sell them to the
circus when they were 16.


The good news is:
We're all gonna survive.
This too shall pass.
I am not Satan in fleece pajamas!

5 comments:

  1. I think it is awesome that you have that relationship with your older children, that you can confide in them like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! Aren't kids great when they're all grown up? I love my two older ones now (hee hee)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You give me hope. Until I have some older ones myself, I will just have to get that reassurance vicariously through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that! And don't you love the perspective of your older kids? It was great when my daughter got married. She said she suddenly understood all those rules and why we did what we did. Someday #4 will understand as well. I think you sound like a great mother.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!