Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekend ReCap: A Dreamy Vacation

I had a fabulous weekend!
Fabulous!
Mr. Wonderful came home from work EARLY
with a Surprise!
All I had to do was get my short sleeved shirt on and capris--
forget that it was 25 degrees here in the Rockies--
we were gonna be WARM!
He arranged eveything!
I just had to grab my purse,
my sandals
sunglasses
and get in the car!
I was getting so excited! I'd never been to Hawaii before and that is my dream destination!

This was our hotel--right on the ocean! Our room was the Penthouse! How cool was that?  I got to sleep in a bed I didn't have to make! YES!!!


That is what I did all weekend long...soaking up the sunshine and eatin' bonbons!  And when I wasn't on the beach--we went shopping too! I loved it. Every stinkin' minute! 
What a great guy I have! 
I was buying more shoes than Imelda Marcos!  I just kept thinking:
"Self, this is too good to be true!"


And then,
I woke up to the painful truth that was weekend looked more like this:














Yeah. 


********

On the plus side,
the Golden Child used his Ninja Baby skills on his Mommy
so Mr W and I could see his sweet baby cheeks.
He has some serious ninja skills...he looks just like a baby. What a hairy faker!Papa is in a trance...this Ninja is good!

7 comments:

  1. Well, you definitely got your dream vacation! heehee

    What a darling child. Ninja child, that is.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You are so hilarious. I love those sweet cheeks. What a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you had me going there for a moment. I was ready to give your man the HUSBAND OF THE YEAR award. I guess the next best thing to a weekend get away with your honey is a weekend visit with a beautiful grandchild.

    Sorry you weren't feel well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good drugs can cause some great dreams!! :) Cute post- hope you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I was getting so excited for you!! So sorry about having a cold instead. What a bummer! Someday, right? And very cute baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me -- until the shoe buying thing. It was nice to live vicariously through your fantasy for a few minutes anyway.

    Oh, and that baby! Lucky, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was just great reading and that baby is darling !!!

    I have yet to get to Hawaii...maybe someday...for now the Turks and Caicos Islands will have to do ( going on a real getaway tomorrow and I'll be posting photos on my blog when I get back ! )

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!