Tuesday, February 9, 2010

So Long Sucka!

We had to bid adieu to an old compadre
around our home...
he served us well
in his dapper burgundy-colored way.

He sucked and sucked
'til he couldn't suck no mo'.
Joining our family in 2006,
we picked him up during our
two year stint in Idaho.

At first,
he sucked at everything...
and it was good.
He sucked up
like none other.

But, as happens with things of his kind
his sucking-power was on the decline in
recent months--
his suckage wasn't sucking enough
and that, well, sucked.

I didn't plan on replacing him so soon--
but then I went to Target
and I saw
HER...
I couldn't take my eyes off her.
New
shiny
12Amps of sucktastic power...
I circled her for a moment
wondering
wondering
could she really do the job?

The real deal maker was the SALE sign
on her...
so I put her in the cart and walked around--
sometimes I do that--
I'll just push the chosen object d' jour
around for a bit
and if I can't think of a reason
to leave it behind
I bring it home.

When I arrived home,
the 14 yo greeted me
with widened eyes--
"Oh wow! A new one!
We soooo needed a new one!"
She helped me assemble the new
yellow-dressed beauty--
and then said something I bet has never been
uttered before:
"Let's name her!"
Hmm I thought,
"why not? Any suggestions?"
"Cinderella!"
"Oh that's just perfect.  She's even dressed in 'yella' ".

So without further adieu,
Meet Cinderella.
She really sucks.

10 comments:

  1. oh, she IS beautiful! (on sale at Target, you say, hey, I'm on my way!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are so amazing how you can write so cleverly about normal every day things!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I got a new vacuum about a year or so ago, and at first it sucked in the good way, but now it doesn't really suck very well, which sucks. Someday I'll get a new one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Cinderella a Dyson? She looks like it. I LOOOOOVE my Dyson. Glad you love your new sucka. (My parents name everything! My dad's tractor is Pumpkin. :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm so jealous! My vac sucks but not in a cleaning the carpet kind of way! And what a great name. We have a big red carpet cleaner that the girls named Mustachio (looks like it has a moustache).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous. Of Cinderella...in all her yellowness. (I happen to be stuck with one of the ugly stepsisters.)

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to replace my vacuum with a good Cinderella. Maybe I will start calling it the Wicked Stepmother. I'm still trying to delude myself that it really is sucking up something when I use it, but it is getting harder to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Moody: Mustacio is so fun!
    @ Our Little: Not a Dyson...that's my fantasy sucker. Just a Eureka.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO you love it huh? I have a sucker who don't like to suck and if it does suck it spits it back out. I'm going to look into this little yella princess!! Thanks Momza!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!