Friday, April 23, 2010

Only in Colorado... from a thunderstorm to a snow storm in a few hours!

I had plans today.
After the yahoos went to school,
I was gonna be out the door and on my way.

First, I was gonna go to the YMCA and walk my bahooey off.

Then, I was going to buy some paint for my familyroom re-do.

After that, a fun lunch with Nan and whomever else we could
drag along with us.

Then, I was heading over to look at some furniture.  The leather sofa/loveseat set we've had for 12 years, needs replacing--because the stupid dog jumped up on the loveseat, her nails ripped it open, then she ATE the parts she could rip off and it's going to cost more to fix than to replace.  And while I was wanting new furniture anyway, I was hoping to get thru the summer first without spending it on furniture!  But, I have to replace it now. Now.  I get nauseas everytime I walk by the loveseat.  Anyone want a leather-eatin' hound??

And it's Friday...and I told the yahoos I'd take them to Y to go swimming when they came home from school.

But NONE of this is happening today, no sirree, it is not.

Because
Because
Because

We are in the midst of a
Spring Blizzard--
I kid you not!

It's been snowing all morning long--
at first it was just going to be a two-hour delay for school--
by 7am
it changed to a
Snow Day.

It's now Noon,
and according to weather reports,
but the time this storm blows thru,
we'll have over a foot of snow.
a Foot.
of Snow.

Remember yesterday,
when I wrote about Nana
tanning on the deck?

I came THISCLOSE to buying bedding plants
yesterday...
so
so
so
glad I didn't.

We had a thunderstorm last night
and a snowstorm today.
I cannot even see across the street from me!

What have I done today?
Here's a clue:
I'm still in my pjs.
It's Noon.
And I'm in my pjs.

Spring, where are you?

p.s. I-25 Southbound from Denver to the Springs is closed b/c of weather.  How is Mr W gonna get home?  (it's only raining in Denver--sheesh.)

*Update: The snow has stopped!

21 comments:

  1. That must be so strange to be sunbathing one day and making snowmen the next. I can't even imagine it!

    But when Spring comes for good, I'll be you appreciate it all the more...

    =)

    PS. I cracked up about your leather-eating dog. Ruff Ruff. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well yesterday morning here, it was snowing. Not super hard but hard enough. Then 2 short hours later we had our lovely spring like weather. Just know that this too shall pass soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sit in my cosy autumn world and read all about the crazy weather my American friends are experiencing, and something shrivels beneath my heart. It's hard not to be worried.

    I'm sorry about your loveseat. But at least you get the pleasure of buying a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sue: Colorado could've been named Schizophrenia and been okay with that. lol
    @Elena: The sun is out now...yes!
    @Sarah: All is well, the sun is shining and melting it all away. And, I am kinda excited about the new furniture. Have a glorious day on the shore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And in Utah. Because it was 80 degrees at my kids' soccer game on Tuesday. And yesterday and today it was snowing. There was so much snow this morning that I *gasp* drove my kiddos to school today. (If you knew me, you'd know that's big deal!)

    Can we have the 80's back? Puh-lease?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We drove through Denver in 1995 for a job interview. It was September, and 93 degrees. We promised our two teeny kids we would swim in the morning. Nope. 33 and snowing next morning. Only Denver. Only Colorado. That's why you love it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's how it's been here too (in the Sierra Nevadas). We'll get incredible spring weather---so warm and nice---then two days later a foot of snow. Mother Nature is being a terrible tease this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I KNOW!! And as of right now, 4:30ish I am still in the pjs. (Hubby's not mine -I'm too big for mine! :) ) I just didn't see the point in getting dressed today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @heather: It's nearly 6:30pm...and I am just now getting dressed for the day BEFORE Mr. W gets home!! Yikes!
    @Moody: You are so right...I am ready for Spring!
    @jen: You're right...it is one of the reasons I love Colorado. It keeps me on my toes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I would lose my ever-lovin' mind if it snowed at the end of April. Glad you're the right temperment for it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think if it would have snowed here I would have sat down and cried like a baby.
    Hope it melts really good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Amy: Well of course you would...I've lost mind eons ago, so I don't miss it.
    @Egan: Nah...you woulda got alot done around the house like I did...and watched "Becoming Jane" while you folded laundry like I did...and took a nap like I did.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you sure you are in Colorado, because it sounds kind of like crazy Oklahoma weather! Although we haven't had snow in a few weeks now, we are experiencing cool...cool temps. I am in the middle of packing away winter coats and jacket. Every time I get them washed, someone grabs a clean jacket....because it's cold...again. It must be global warming, no doubt.

    I hope you have a very blessed weekend, Dawn! Just spread a blanket over the love seat, so you don't get too sick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What crazy weather!! Indiana is almost completely out of the danger zone... but I guess there has been a snowstrom in late April here before. The latest big snow that I remember was Mar 31 in Cincinnati. I was in junior high!

    I hope it doesn't stick around for long... hope you get a good heat wave soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is crazy! I'll send some warm thoughts your way. Glad you didn't buy the plants and had an excuse to stay in PJ's all morning.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I liked that it snowed because then my daughter didn't have to go to work and she could call me during the day instead. But could you get your weather under control over the next couple weeks. We are going to be in Greely in two weeks for Camille's graduation and I really don't want to freeze!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok, I didn't need to read this! We're planning a move to your beautiful CO this year but the weather is a little scary! I like my spring...not snowstorms in April!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Linda: You'll be happy to know the snow was completely melted yesterday. Nevermind that we got a dusting this morning, it too will be gone when the sun hits it. ALtho, up in Denver and Golden yesterday, it was nothing but sunshine and daffodils!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Lori/Joy: SO will you guys be coming to the SPrings as well? Greeley is just a couple hours away. And I'm sure you'll be fine...just bring a sweater, maybe a light coat, a hat, some gloves, boots, parka...LOL JK!
    @Charlotte: I changed my pjs and showered just in time for my hubby to be home! LOL
    @Liz: Supposed to be sunshiney tomorrow! Got a light dusting this morning that'll be gone by the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Cheryl: We never pack away our winter things, really.
    And we always keep extra jackets in the back of the car, even in the summer, when we head to the mountains.
    You just never know if you might need 'em.
    OKay, maybe not in July. lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's 70 degrees here.

    Its supposed to snow tomorrow.

    It drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!