Monday, June 28, 2010

Colorado Springs Farmer's Market--Memorial Park

Farmer's Markets are abundant here in the Springs.
The yahoos piled into the Suburban
and we headed out the for the day
to Memorial Park:


 Homegrown Tomatoes and Cherries...
my mouth is watering just lookin at 'em.

 Snap peas and red potatoes...mmmmmmmm


Ahhhh 
radishes and zucchini...double yummm.

Fresh jams and preserves--
I learned how to make Strawberry freezer jam last year,
and it is my guilty pleasure this year--
a big ol spoonful on some wholegrain bread
cures my sweet tooth cravings.
Dani bought a 
huge foccacia bread 
to share...she didn't really take a bite,
you knew that, right?


We sat in the grass
broke bread
and 
savored the deliciousness 
in the shade.



The baker is Austrian...oh yeah, totally yumminess.







Fresh jalapeno peppers




Of course, this is the perfect place
for a picnic...
a park with a lake
and the beautiful Rockies
in the background.
Have I ever told you
how much I love Colorado?



Baby G's first summer...
he's soakin' it up!


p.s. found my camera, can ya tell?





10 comments:

  1. lemon white chocolate?? for that I will make sure to make it to C. Springs next time I'm in the area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a ton o' fun!
    We went to our local Farmer's Market last weekend and had a blast!
    Gotta love summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love a good Farmer's Market, too. Looks like you guys are having a good summer.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great outing for your family. Good food, sunshine, great company and a cutie patootie baby. FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you found your camera - Loving the pictures.

    All the produce and bread looks so yummy!!

    You are right beautiful scenery in Colorado - I can see why you love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they have a farmer's market in Mesa, but no one would ever go there in the summer!! I love the pictures!! So much yummy-ness!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Joy: Next time you're in town, let's go!
    @Cherie: Farmer's Markets rock--in Boise or in the Rockies!
    @Connie: Thanks for stopping by!
    @Sue: I'm working on it!
    @Tauna: A great summer is the reward for a long winter, right?
    @T: It was so yummy--they gave out samples of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jealous! Our farmer's markets don't open up around here until the end of July. We miss all the peas and cherries and it is such a disappointment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO GORGEOUS! I have to keep reminding myself that we have these in the winter so I don't fall on the ground crying in jealousy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @RachelSue: Really? I thought Utah was ahead of us as far as having produce available. Hmmm. I learned something today.
    @Marilyn: You know I totally covet your garden in February, right? lol

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!