Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend Whatevs

Had a busy weekend.
Took the yahoos to Elitches on Saturday.
Lots of pics--but I can't find my camera.
So if'n I do...

Was told I am "fascinating"
by a sister in church yesterday that
I had no idea she even knew me.
So of course, I'm totally milking that for all I can
around the house.

Asked the Caboose if she thinks I'm
fascinating--
"YES!" was the reply.
Do you know what fascinating means, I asked.
Yes, you're like realistic fiction.

Hmmmm. Sounds about right.

Reading a book called
"The boy who came back from heaven"--
it makes me feel small and humble.
true story.
Yes, I'd recommend it.  But have some tissue nearby.
and an open mind.  I had to pry mine open thru the first couple
of chapters
and since then, it's been all good.

Both of my sons had bdays last week.
I could write entire posts about my love for them
but they already know that.
So I won't.

I had a rough week last week--
then I saw Heavenly Father's hand in my life
and remembered I am not alone.


Dean is moving from his host-home this week--
I'd love to blab all the reasons why,
but it really comes down to the fact that
we found a better place for his needs.
And we're grateful for that.

I was sitting in Church yesterday,
thinking about being invisible in our new ward
and what I can do about it--
then the word "serve" came to my mind.
And I asked the question:
Whom shall I serve?
And a name came to my mind.
So I am.
And it feels really good.

I'm heading out to lunch with some girlies today.
I wonder if they know I'm
fascinating?
Maybe I should tell them so they'll pay closer attention.
Wouldn't want them to miss out, ya know?

11 comments:

  1. I already know you're fascinating. And the new ward will, too, sooner than later. It's hard to keep that kinda thing under wraps.

    Hugs to you...

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I would call you fascinating too. I love your witty and sometimes introspective posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are fascinating! This post inspired me in more ways than one and all you did was talk a little about this and that. I love that about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow when someone calls you fascinating I think you need to put that on a pillow and display it!! :D
    I think your are pretty fascinating myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya, you are pretty dang fascinating. You may just want to let them know however, just in case they don't get it or something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are wonderful! (and fascinating, but everyone else has told you that so I thought I had to think of something new and different!) I love the idea of serving. I have found that service is a great way to get to know people and to feel like you are contributing. You go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know why you're fascinating? Because you're always busy with your family and reading and doula-ing and decorating and serving and feeding missionaries and blogging! Living and loving life makes you fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I already knew you were fascinating,and kind, sweet, generous, compassionate, funny, insightful, intelligent, in tune, smart, helpful, willing, and many more adjectives!! And you are a great friend.... which is my personal favorite.... Love ya,Nan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am pretty sure everyone who knows you thinks your are facsinating. I think your friend Nan is pretty fascinating as well. I hope you had a great time at your lunch. I would have loved to have listened in on your conversation. And I am sorry you had a bad week. I hope things are better now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have no idea how RELIEVED I was to read that you feel invisible in your new ward. Because I feel the same exact way... and we're in the same ward. (I sat right behind you in RS yesterday.) I even considered for one split second hosting my own Enrichment Night at my house, just because I think it would help us all to get to know each other. But that might be over the top. I like your idea better. :)

    Thank you for your candor. I feel so much better. I need to follow your example and be part of the solution to our disjointed ward.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ She likes to write: Here, I thought I was the only Invisible! I wonder if there are more invisibles sitting next to us?
    @Lori: We laughed, we cried, we loved. You have an open invitation to join us next time you're up this way!
    @Nan: The company I keep is what makes me fascinating.
    @Moody: The check is in the mail!
    @PattyAnn: Do you have pompoms in your hands right now?? Thanks for the cheer!
    @Tauna: Exactly! Don't want anyone to miss out on all this! lol
    @Cherie: Posting it on my blog is enough. lol
    @MommyJ: I'm a good rambler. not! just ask my yahoos!
    @Connie: And this is why I like you so much!
    @Sue: Any chance you will ever leave your CA paradise and move east?

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!