Friday, September 3, 2010

A Hundred of Nothing and Some Lies and a Prize! *** The TRUTHS and the LIES**

TO TELL THE TRUTH:

I modeled as a young teen.  I wish I had 10,000 pictures of those days.

In a bathing suit.( I have pictorial proof, and looked for them in my storage room this morning without success.) I shoulda gotten a 16x20 shot of that, in a gilded-gold frame.  

At 15 yrs old, I was 5'9", 98 lbs.  I think I ate her in 1996.

I did in fact, lose my bathing suit top.  I was 10 years old.  My cousins and I made our own triangled tops,
with thread and needle that morning then took a walk.  It was at that time that I learned
I was not a good seamstress...when a teenage boy riding his bike, went by me smiling.  I thought
it might be because I was cute.  Then my cousin, Coleen yelled out, "Dawn! Where's your top?!"
Gone, gone, gone.    (Ohh those were the carefree days of my youth!)

If you cross me, I'm not likely to forgive and and forget.  And by cross, I mean be rude, selfish, and/or mean to me or to my yahoos.  I tend to stay out of the offender's way for all of eternity, unless I feel otherwise inclined. It's something I need to work on, obviously. What? That's on The List...it's just way way down under a bunch of other things I need to work on!

I am indeed wanting to paint my diningroom table!


I do buy a German Chocolate Cake about once a year...for my birthday, but I do not eat it by myself. That'd just be ridiculous. It is lecker!

I've been told, as recently as last Sunday, by a stranger, that I am fascinating. Highlight of my day! I'm hoping to sit by her again this Sunday to practice being fascinating.

I did take a facebook Quiz entitled, "How Black Are You?"--the result was 60%.  Yo.

I was diagnosed last Spring, by a neurologist, with encephalopathy. I have to look up that word all the time because I forget my own illness.

It is true I have never owned a motorcycle, scooter, backpack, wig or diamond tennis bracelet. I can't believe  I've never owned a wig.

I have never been to Spain.  (Been to England and Oklahoma and Arizona--what does it matter?)


Oh the LIES, LIES, LIES!!
 I asked Mr W to name some random facts about me
and he suggested
 #69  psychotic hard-hearted harbinger of doom (har·bin·ger (här b n-j r) n. One that indicates or foreshadows what is to come; a forerunner.  Which would basically mean that while I can predict a doomed future, I don't care enough to tell anyone else about it, due to my psychotic hard-hearted-ness.)


and #70 and #72 a petty-minded risk-takin' fool.

And then I smacked him and hid the chocolate/caramel/nut-covered rice krispy treats I made.


#74 & 75--thankfully, most of you could see thru those lies.  I am not wanted for robbery or jaywalking anywhere.
#85 I don't know any music from Spain.
That's SIX!

Sorry to say, most of my Hundred of Nothing was true blue.

Sadly, there were no winners!!  Stinks on ice!

7 comments:

  1. Well, at least we tried!!! (and we got to know you just a little bit better!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if someone told me I was fascinating I would avoid them the rest of my life so as not to ruin my image. :-)

    As for holding a grudge . . . I had to give that up when we moved to this house. We all live too closely together to not all offend each other, and since no one is moving away, it was just better to learn to forgive and forget.

    Loved your list. I am glad the one about you being wanted for robbery was a lie. I was worried for a few second there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @PattyAnn: yep, just a few more guesses and there woulda been a winner!
    @Lori: LOL..you made a good fascinating point! lol
    @Amy: yep. true story morning glory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah-you have been a BUSY girl this week. And I missed it all boo-hoo. Oh well, I'll try again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your truths are so delightful and funny, they could easily appear as lies.

    (which is meant to be a compliment but, um, doesn't really sound like it does it?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty sure I remember the bathing suit top story from one of your blog posts, This was a fun little challenge! I still can't believe 5-9 and 98lbs. That's just not healthy! You were a total bean pole! Did I forget to put #69 as one of mine? If so, it was an oversight...I would never think that of you!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!