Wednesday, September 15, 2010

This Season I'm In --a Gift

A confession:
I've been more of a "blog lurker" lately
than ever before...
peeking in on my favs,
catching up
then dashing out...
I'm in a new season right now--
a full-time working season
and
that's new for me.

I'm learning the ropes at the Interior Design center--
and can I just say,
I love learning new things?!
I do.
When I'm learning,
my mind is alert and active,
shrugging off the dust as it were.

I'm also attending a birth--
probably today
and feel entirely grateful that I get to do
something that turns an ordinary day
into a
Blessed Day.

So I'm moving forward
growing
progressing
testing out what I know
learning things I don't...
and it's all good.

This is My Season to grow.
Muscles stretching,
Vision focused,
Hands busy,
heart engaged.

Today is a Gift that I'm opening
like I'm five years old--
wrapping paper flying
ribbon ripped off--
let's see what's inside!
So keep blogging away
my friends,
I'll be around when I catch my breath!

Do you feel like the season you're in, is a gift to you?

10 comments:

  1. How wonderful for you that you are learning something new (although after seeing your staging pictures, I know you already have a gift for it). Best of luck with all you are doing. I am also in a new period of time in my life, but I don't really feel I am progressing. I am just trying to keep up with everything going on. All my plans to learn new things keep being put aside while I struggle with just maintaining. It is a little frustrating. One of these days I am going to get it together. I am hoping your post today will inspire me to do better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the season of life I am in. I get to enjoy my grandchildren, putter around my house and garden, craft pretty much any time I want. (Some say that I am getting old????? but hey I still can move pretty well, my mind is clear and I don't have anymore visits from "Aunt Flo", so yes, I am pretty happy with this season of life.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had to ask that question, didn't you? I am having some trouble looking at this period of my life as a gift, but I'm definitely working on it. I think it'll be better once I get to see my husband more. Or ever.

    "/

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, way to put a positive spin on it. A gift.. to work full time? instead of cooking and keeping the house clean? ok, ok, I will take your cue and say that working full time is such a fulfillment and keeps me organized well it does keep me moving forward!! Thanks, :) love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well said! You do have a way with words.

    I am happiest when I'm learning and serving. It takes time away from me to do selfish things though. Maybe it's time to have a season of selfishness, or maybe a few hours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. today my gift to myself was a LONG nap... maybe tomorrow it will be something that actually benefits the family?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we are probably around the same age and I totally feel like I am in a new season and it IS a gift.
    I started working part time last year after being a stay at home wife/mom for 25 years. This year I increased my hours and I am loving it! I love learning new things, working with some great ladies and having a different schedule. I still love being a wife and mom and it will always be my first priority but it feels good to "stretch" also!
    Good luck to you in all your new endeavors :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh Me too! I've been taking lots of different classes and learning, learning, learning. I love the "buzz" I feel when I learn something new. Can't wait to see what you are learning in your new design job. (hopefully you'll have time to share!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am right on the brink of a new season in my life and am so excited. I loved being the mother of a preschooler, but 15 years is a long time to do it! Even these last 2 years where I will only have 1 preschooler has been a life changer for me (maybe because my oldest 2 can finally babysit?)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!