Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What's Kickin' Around My Noggin

First,
I appreciate so much your words of concern
for my human experience in memory loss.
I did absolutely nothing yesterday aside from making my bed.
I rested.
And ate leftovers.
And napped.

Today is a new day
and I feel more clarified (? is that really a word?)
I feel better.
So thank you thank you thank you!!!

Tonight is trunk r treat at the church.
Ari wants to go as a "Baby"...she really wants to wear
her footie-pajamas
and the Boofus wants to wear his Sunday suit
and go as a "Business Man".
So grateful these yahoos are going simple this year.

We still haven't replaced the main floor television.
I don't know if I want to.
Initially,
it was a "crisis" when the old one died--
there was much
weepin', n' wailin' n' gnashing of teeth.

But now,
the house is quieter.
Kids are actually reading,
playing with their toys,
hanging out in each other's rooms,
and in general, being civilized.
Which is always when the yahoos
act civilized, yes?

The behemoth is still sitting there.
ded.
D-E-D. ded.
I don't even know what we'll do with it
once we replace it.
I don't think I can sit it out on the curb?
Idunno.

I got a bill from the public library yesterday.
A bill.
for books that we checked out probably 2 months ago.
for $161.00
no kidding.
The books were returned last Friday,
before we got the bill,
but still.
I flat -out forgot to return them.
Heck, I forgot that we even had them.
Nana's the one who took 'em back for me.
It's probably time to just cancel our cards--
I really can't be forking over late fees for library books.
That's just stupid.

It was 27o here last night.
Twenty-seven.
When the Caboose heard the mountains got snow
she lamented this morning,
"Where's our snow?"
It's coming, little girl, dontchu worry about that.
The heater is officially "ON"...
about stinkin' time too.
It's the end of October!
Bring on the SNOW already!
I'm just kidding.
a little.

Elections.
Am I the only one who is so
sick
sick
sick
of the political commercials?
They're pathetic liars.
Whomever is in charge of each candidates' PR
should be fired...
cuz they couldn't sell cocaine to a drug addict.
I mean,
the good people of our country
are looking for some sound, honest citizens to
lead US,
represent US,
occasionally look over their shoulders
back at US,
but my land!
who can tell if there's a leader like that
in our midst for all of the contention,
mud-throwing,
pure ugliness,
that pollutes our airwaves and our minds??

Where are the Good Guys in the white hats??

I know of only one race where I will vote with a clear conscience:
that's the Mayoral race here in Colorado Springs.
We know one of the candidates, Brian Bahr.
He's as good as they come,
and an easy pick in my mind.
He has absolutely no political experience,
but he has other qualifications and a sound character
that I can trust.
N' for that, he'll get my vote.

What else?
I'm down to a 4 day work week.
Whew. I feel better already.

Also,
after watching "Julie and Julia",
I thought I'd like to do something
for 365 days and blog about it.
Here are some of my ideas--
don't steal them, okay?:
365 of Tortillas
365 of Spinach
365 of Random Acts of Kindness
365 of Not Cooking
365 Days of Not Making My Bed
365 Days of FlipFlops
365 Days of Oprah

That's all I've got so far.

If you were going to do a "365-Days-of-Something",
what would you do??
Inquiring minds wanna know.
So Spill It.

15 comments:

  1. 365 naps. Somehow I doubt it would end up as a major motion picture... but at least I could afford it... and not burn down the house.

    I think you need to beg the library for leniency - that's one crazy steep bill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - and I just had to share my funny - I opened up a tab to read your blog and then it sat there for awhile (I had to grab a snack... and answer an e-mail... and I might have gotten distracted by a phone call...) then I glanced over the tabs to see what I needed to do next - yours? Quite clearly says "Momza's House: What's Kickin' A"... THAT demanded my immediate attention :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing a 365 day photography blog. I have a camera, and I love to take pictures. I have been doing it for 50 days now and all I have to do is post one picture a day. I don't even have to write if I don't want to. I have found it to be actually relaxing, enjoyable, and fun. Not only that, I am actually using my camera instead of letting it gather dust. If you pick something, make it simple and something that is relaxing. You don't need more stress! You probably need just a little more fun! Have a great day and I couldn't agree with you more about the elections!!! I am fed up with all the fighting and slamming. It is just crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It IS nice to not have TV, huh? We haven't had cable for...4ish years now, and I've never regretted it. We watch our shows we love (without commercials!) on the internet. We have a TV, but it plays movies. Also? Without commercials, my kids don't get innundated with products that they magically want instantly. All around it's very very nice.

    I need to see the Julie and Julia movie. 365? Mine would be 365 days of getting massages. 365 pieces of chocolate. 365 mess-free days. 365 no-laundry days. 365 days of service. 365 days filled with "I Love You"s from all my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 365 days of poetry! That would make quite a collection, wouldn't it?

    Glad you are feeling better today. I'm sure the rest makes a huge difference. It always does to me...

    I, too, am sick of the politics of backbiting. Sheesh. I'd like to be convinced to vote FOR someone, not manipulated to vote against him or her.

    And it's finally getting a little more Fall-like here, too. I even saw a couple of orange leaves today. Now that our autumn summer is over, maybe we'll actually see some color around here!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote NO SNOW and NO politics! and I like your 365days of not making your bed! so I'm going to go with 365 days of hearing my 'yahoos' say they love and appreciate me (and vice versa of course)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're feeling better. I love your 365 days idea. I myself think a year of kindness would be just the thing, and might just consider incorporating it quietly on my weblog. Thank you for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm for the 365 naps. That's my vote. Photo journal it. Different places, positions, cozy blankies. You could make it awesome!
    The HDMI cord on our TV went bad, and we had no TV in the family room for . . . 3 weeks. I'm almost sorry I replaced it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo Sick of all the political stuff - the commercials, the talk on talkshows - I will be so glad when Obama leaves someday (oops did I type that) I meant when this election is over.
    It got cold here too all of a sudden. We turned on the heater last night too and there is snow on our mountains. It has been raining and they say we are supposed to get our first freezing temps tonight so we actually could have snow tomorrow. That would be weird.
    I have not seen the movie Julie and Julia - it's on my rent list. Now I want to go see it.
    365 days of.....Hhhhmmmmmm - ahhhhh Chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How long have you had those library books? 3 years???? good grief! I am glad you are feeling better with rest. Oh I cannot wait for elections to get here. I can't wait to vote and I can't wait for the political phone calls and mail and emails to go away.

    Ps. took the tv out of the main room and banned computers on school days. The kids are painting, boys reading, playing outside and listening to music. I LOVE THAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to know you are feeling better today.

    As for the 365 days of ....I like... 365 of Random Acts of Kindness ~ but no laundry for 365 days would be OUTSTANDING!!! LOL Promise, I won't steel your ideas.

    Blessings,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's good that you're down to a 4 day work week! You need to get some rest, so I think 365 days of napping would be perfect!
    I'd go for 365 days of chocolate but since Cherie stole my idea, I'll say 365 days of barbecue chicken pizza!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I say don't replace the tv. We haven't had ours since the first of the year and I love it. Now when I go to my dad's (who has his on all the time) it's like there's a big intrusive presence in the room. And I vote for 365 days of flip flops. As for me it will be chocolate! I loved that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Everyone: I love your 365-Ideas...the Nap one really got my attention. I could SO do that one!
    As for the TV, noone's even asking about it anymore, so we may hold off awhile to get it.
    I'm still working on my 365-idea...I was thinking about something I already do, like : 365 Days of Breathing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would get rid of my TV, if I didn't think my husband would require me to also get rid of the internet (why lose his stress release and keep mine kind of thing).

    I am so sick of the commercials. Blah.

    Glad you got some rest.

    How about 365 days of chocolate? Of course I would end up eating all 365 in two days, so that might not be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!