Thursday, November 18, 2010

First things First: (go to the bottom and turn off the music player)
Sue was the first to correctly identify Brian Regan as the phrase-coiner (I think I just made that word up) of "Take Luck"....enjoy.




Second:
The Boofus is feeling better now that I've spent twenty bucks on a co-pay for the doctor to tell us,
that, while the flu test AND the strept test came out negative,
The Boof-dawg has "flu-like symptoms" from a viral infection.
Translating into:
Go home. Get in bed. Drink lots of fluid. Take ibuprophen and call back in the morning.
Oh and eat some chicken noodle soup, the doc says.
"Great! I'll make some for you today, Boof." says I.
"Nah. I'd rather have ravioli. Not yours tho', can we buy it in the can?"

The boy who wouldn't eat for two days,
has eaten two cans of Chef Boy ArDee's ravioli.
Nevermind that I offered to make my homestyle chicken noodle soup
or
my homemade ravioli...
not good enough, says he.
Apparently, my son is addicted to preservatives
and artificial flavors, food dyes and additives.
Mmmmm, good stuff there, hunh?

One good thing came from my twenty dollar co-pay though--
I have a professional witness that my yahoo refuses to eat healthy food.
N' I feel good about that.
Ya know, in case I ever need an impartial witness that I tried to keep
this stubborn boy healthy, I got one.
And she's not only a doctor,
she's a Mom.
How much more street-cred do ya need, right?

Oh, and that wall? hit it. Bam.
Would it be a bad thing if I put my pj's on before dinner?

3 comments:

  1. Oh I am so with you. My PJ's are on and I wish I could leave them on tomorrow too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. feeling silly - I was trying to figure out who coined the BLOG title, rather than the POST title... which you quite clearly differentiated between but I tend to blog at dumb hours....

    I love Brian Regan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could tell you how many times I've taken kids to the doctor only to be told that it's "just a virus," I'd be a mathematician!

    Glad he's on the mend...

    (And glad I got in there first with the Brian Regan ID.)

    ;)

    PS. My boys always loved that canned ravioli, too. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!