Sunday, December 19, 2010

Colorado Rocks!


 It's a week before Christmas
here in Colorado Springs.
Nevermind that it got down to something like 5 degrees 
earlier this week,
with snow everywhere.

 Not today though.
Today was Gorgeous!
And Coloradoans know that when the sun comes out
it's time to get outside and play!
It's a Great Way to spend time with la familia!
 Garden of the Gods, my friends, is our little piece of heaven on earth.




And look at the top of that peak--see that tiny spec on top?  That's actually two climbers!

 And there's Mr. W lasso-ing himself  so that he can help Boofus get a leg up...
Because this is a new love for the yahoos--Rock Climbing.




 What trip would be complete without a "pouter"?  gots to love it.
She asked Dad: How do I get down from here?
"Just curl up in a ball and roll down."
The Caboose: "This is my favorite shirt!"
Boofus all figure-eight-cinched-up and ready to climb.



My attempt at a self-pic...man, I'm old.


Pics of the 15 yo,
who is still alive and breathing.

And her sour mood lifted...


 See the Moon just off to the right?  That was so cool.

So we just kept scramblin' around on the rocks


 And I took a slip on the rocks,
n' got a sliver in my finger.
I asked the Caboose to cut my finger off--
she didn't think that was funny,
not even a little.
 And then, Daisie found something:



A memorial for a 
"Beloved Mother".

My heart sorta melted right there.



N' then we came across a herd of mule deer--
and that was a good time to call it a day.

10 comments:

  1. One of the best things about our slice of Colorado is Garden of the Gods. It's an amazing place that feels like it just dropped from the sky... nothing like it around it at all. It's just THERE. Our own little oasis of beautiful-ness just for us. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been there. I used to be a rock climber and have done some climbing all around that area. I especially love it. It is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots! I love the blue skies here in the Rockies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Boofus has had the same look on her face as your Caboose for the last few days. {sigh}

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful day in the middle of winter - you guys were so smart to take advantage of it!
    Btw love your self pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. M~
    first..belated happy birthday last month!
    (besides both being Florida natives, we both share the same birth MONTH 4th is mine!!!)
    loved the shots..
    that is also a favorite place of mine to visit..
    amazing and awesome place!!!
    thanks for sharing!!
    isn't the blueness of Colorado skies the most gorgeous shade of blue?
    warmest sandy hugs..
    Loui♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect! And Merry Christmas to you.

    ALL of you.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. y'know, I've been doing SO well at not tearing up every time I hear "I'll be home for Christmas"... but as always, I'll miss so many things about Colorado.

    Not the snow and ick though - you can keep that :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pictures! The one of you is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!