Monday, January 31, 2011

The Latest

* Okay so we made the decision to accept the HHP's in Wellington
as opposed to moving him down here.
It feel like a good fit and we're hoping that's what it turns out to be.
I did the best I could.
And that has to be enough.

* On the way up to Loveland this morning,
to return Dean,
the snow started coming down
and we (Nana and I ) saw
fifteen (!) car accidents within two miles
of highway.
That's just when Nana started counting.
I was white-knuckling the steering wheel
and traffic was slowed to 35 mph.

* The yahoos are praying for a snow day tomorrow.
Me TOO!
I would love a day off work that didn't involve
driving several hours and/or meetings of any kind.
A day to sleep would thrill me.

* Speaking of work--
I had the Best day ever on Saturday
with our designer, Karen.
She let me in on the new happenings with the store--
painting, new furnishings, AND
I got to have some input too
which I loved!
She just returned from the Dallas Market
and we're getting a ton of new stuff in the store
(Sue, I haven't forgotten the contest you won--
I wanna send something really cool!)
it's kinda like Christmas when she comes back
from Market.
Fun, Fun, Fun.

*Last Friday night,
I stayed up with the girls until midnight
watching
"Buffy--the Vampire Slayer" on dvd.
I'd never watched it before,
and now I know why.
Also, I see where Stephanie Meyers got her inspiration.
Too bad she didn't get the young David Boreanz
instead of that mop-haired fellow for Edward.

*It's supposed to get -19 below tonight.
and more snow.
I did buy some Sweethearts today for Valentines.
They're in Spanish, how cool is that?!

10 comments:

  1. I think we are supposed to get some of that cold front and I'm not ready. It's so bitter cold right now I'm sitting in front of the woodstove trying to heat my tootsies!

    Glad about Dean.
    Hope he'll settle great.

    Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything works out so good that you realize why you were led this way. What kind of store do you have? Market day sounds like way too much fun! We are also getting snow and ice today. It is supposed to be so cold. Oh well, as long as we doing lose any more pipes, I will be so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to make the decision. It is the one I was kind of rooting for :-D I hope it turns out great for Dean.
    All the accidents and snow - Yikes - Scary!!!
    And don't be putting down Edward! Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you made a decision for Dean that you are happy with. And I'm glad you made the trip safely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping that there are plenty of Spanish SweetHearts when I go tomorrow - I've got a few elders and a teenage Spanish student that really need them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finding a home. From what you said, it sounds like a good match. And congrats on getting there and back safely. My daughter is praying for a snow day as well, as she is scheduled to sub at a school tomorrow. We are having perfect weather here. :-) (We have to brag when we can since it is so miserable in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that Dean is happy in his new place. I know it's a tough decision. Oh my gosh...I feel for you on the icy roads with so many accidents! Yikes! I have to commute down the mountain every day and when it's icy I'm just praying the whole time! Scary! I hope you get your snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. From what you said, it seems like you've probably made the most reliable decision for Dean, and I know how important that is to his well-being. I'm glad it all came clear for you.

    Have a happy snow day!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hee hee hee . . . mop haired fellow . . . lol!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!