Friday, February 11, 2011

Angels Drove the Car

Okay,
dontcha love the title of this blog post?
I do!

Last night, as my Mr. Wonderful drove home from work--
(he works out by the Denver International Airport,
which is a good 75 mile trip from our home),
he was about 25 miles away in Castle Rock,
on I-25
going 70 mph
when he saw his engine light kick on,
and felt the power on his car go out.
He got over in the far right lane,
took the exit he was coming up to,
which was UPHILL,
the traffic was cleared for him
to make another right hand turn
into a gas station parking lot
at least a block and an half from the exit ramp
where he was able to park the car.
No problem.

He was able to drive the car at least a mile
without power. Uphill. To safety.

When I got his call to come and get him,
I had no idea what the logistics were
until I got there:
No power,
No tow truck,
Uphill,
7:00 at night,
15 degrees outside,
and he was safe.


What else could I title this post?


Anything really cool happen in your world this week?

11 comments:

  1. oddly enough I am reading your post just after having returned from a trip to take my kids to school... where I was able to complete a left turn into traffic, get off the side of the road with 4 children in the car and restart the car that had died as soon as I entered the intersection...

    granted, it wasn't uphill... and we've got no ice here... but I'll take miracles in whatever fashion they present themselves...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing. God really does take care of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, we got heart-attacked last night!

    But I think your story beats that one pretty handily. Glad those angels were looking out for him...

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful and amazing. I feel that every day is a miracle to me, but I've also experienced angels in my life and am so grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your sweetie was safe. Blessings were abundant for sure.

    I've go nothin' even close to your miracle this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, awesome, awesome! And cool things...transition kids (18-22yo's) came to visit our preschool kids and I got such a kick out of them playing in the toy kitchen and talking on the play phone just like the little boys do! Very sweet. Then the therapy dogs visited. Made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so wonderful.

    Not surprised. You are so wonderful how could angels NOT attend you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad your husband is safe!! What a great story. Don't you just love knowing how involved God is in the details of our lives and how watched over we are. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that is the perfect title! That is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Thought? Share It!