Monday, February 21, 2011

Acts of Service

Yesterday in Church,
the topic of "Service" was discussed.
Service as in,
"as I have loved you, 
love one another"
kinda service.

The class was typically quiet,
with few sisters chiming in with their thoughts.
But my mind was whizzing, whirling and clamoring about
with all kinds of thoughts and feelings on the topic of
Service.

I coulda yammered for the entire hour
reflecting about the wonderful examples of
charity
I have seen in my life.
Seriously.

I wondered to myself,
if the hour had been handed over to the class
to share what kinds of examples they've experienced
within the realm of
Service,
what kind of stories would have filled the room?

But since I wasn't leading the discussion,
I thought perhaps,
I could get my fill here,
if I asked my fellow travelers
to share here an important act of service
from your own life stories.

So I'm asking.
Will you share a story from your own life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Thought? Share It!